New EQ from UA - Trident A-Range - Released Today

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2004
Have you tried the V-Series? I like the V-EQ4 a lot.
nah I haven't I have them all for PC, but I can't get my pro tools 8 to work right in Vista, shit keeps giving me different errors. I fuckin hate it.
I wish I could get it to work, I have the mercury bundle that I want to use.
I've just been on Leopard lately and it runs flawless.

Apr 26, 2006
nah I haven't I have them all for PC, but I can't get my pro tools 8 to work right in Vista, shit keeps giving me different errors. I fuckin hate it.
I wish I could get it to work, I have the mercury bundle that I want to use.
I've just been on Leopard lately and it runs flawless.
Oh that sucks, maybe Windows7 will solve that.

I kind of hate Vista too. Can't wait till I get my Windows7 upgrade disk in the mail.

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Looks dope.

How does this compare to the URS A-Series, Waves API 550A/B and Waves V-Series EQs? I love those fucking EQs.
The Trident has it's own unique flavor.... it adds a silky sparkle on the highs & and does well creamin' the mids... The filters are awsome... However, I do think that the Waves V-Series would do better on the bass & lower frequencies...

Although I've never used the Wave's V-Series, I regularly use the UAD Neve series - which are the officially liscensed emulations of the Neve 1073, 1081 (monster on bass & my fav), 88 RS channel strip, 33609 (one of the best plug-in compressors of all time *No Kanye*) & newly released 31102 ... I'm sure the differences between the Waves & the UA versions aren't that drastic... but since UA works closely with Neve I'll rock with them...

I've heard great things about Waves' API series & would be interested in trying them out, but Waves' WUP policies are a turn off... I think I'd rather get the hardware EQ's in the form of the 500 series lunchbox - since they can be had for non-rediculous prices... no WUP, no problems with OS updates & the price of outboard gear retains it's value much better than thier software counterparts... the cool thing about plug-ins tho is total recall & the ability to use as many instances as your CPU can handle...

At the end of the day, many folks use waves cuz they're free if you work on a PC lol...

UA's DSP card (where the signal processing takes place, similar to ProTools' HD Accel cards) also acts as a dongle - preventing their software from being cracked...

I've heard good things about URS as well although I've never tried..

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I saw a you tube video where they put one of those on every channel of a mix, sounded pretty good

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
... and saturation is exactly what UA specializes in - in addition to recreating the curves in relation to frequency boosts / cuts...

Apr 27, 2005
I hear that for this plug UAD only modeled the response behavior, not the harmonics. so you can get the same results with pretty much any other digital EQ

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Maybe... but either way - good luck tryin to match the assymetrical response curves with a run-of-the-mill fully parametric digital EQ ...that'd get boring fast... lol

Apr 25, 2002
i like the UAD Neve series way more then the Waves
neither of them probably sound like the hardware but the uad one has some great flavor on vocals(1073, not a fan of hte 1081 plug)

the waves api2500 is probably the only waves plug in i like...and i only use it on the bus

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
i like the UAD Neve series way more then the Waves
neither of them probably sound like the hardware but the uad one has some great flavor on vocals(1073, not a fan of hte 1081 plug)

the waves api2500 is probably the only waves plug in i like...and i only use it on the bus
Yeah that is the way to go.. that's why I was originally interested in the hardware version of the API 2500 - for the bus-compression duties...

I couldn't wait to save up for it and ended up getting a used Tube-Tech PE1C.. the thing is a beast!! I love analog eq's... but that can be another thread..... lol

... another plug that works real well for bus compression is the UAD Neve 33609... took me awhile to really get comfortable widdit - but the patience has payed off