New computer, runs OS X and Vista!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2004
So I broke down and had a custom computer built.
Since Apple is using Intel shit now you can run OS X Leopard on
a PC now. It's a dual boot machine with 3 drives, one running Vista, one Leopard and one drive to swap files. I don't really need Vista, but I figured since there's so many "available" plugins I can do my daily shit on Leopard and mix on the Vista side. . I was running a dual 2ghz G5 with 4gb of ram and this shit is wayyyyy faster running an overclocked intel 3.8 processor with 8gb of ram. Finally got Pro Tools 8 and it's the shit as well, lol
I had it all installed in a HTPC case so it looks like a piece of equipment and fits in a rack. It wasn't cheap but it's way cheaper than buying a new mac!

Mar 22, 2004
1000 , I know I could have built it myself for less, but I don't have the patience to get it all dialed in, Plus i upgraded the fans, case , ram etc. So you can probably build one for about 500 if you just wanted a stripped down pc running leopard. But considering a comparable Imac is around 2K it's not so bad. It runs so good I honestly can't tell that I'm not using genuine Apple hardware. I still have my mac keyboard and mouse goin

Dec 4, 2004
well considering the most top of the line Mac Mini you can configure is only 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB Ram and cost $50 more, that is pretty good...

I got a 1.66 Ghz Intel Core Duo with only 512MB of ram Mac Mini hooked to my HDTV to play movies....I wanna upgrade that thing or just get a new HTPC.

congrats on the purchase

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
good shit vince, i just got my shit running xp/Win7 64bit/osx 10.5.8

i spent a lil more then a g, but thats cause i got it runnin on a server mother board wit 2 seperate multi-core cpus and hella server memory... cubase 5 (win7 and osx), logic studio 9, and pro tools 8(xp, osx) and so far, ive used all three equally... i needed all three tho cause i got beat/song sessions for each program, but i damn near feel like its overkill..lol..

they boot off of different hard drives tho, but it aint hard to change the boot disk in bios so i aint trippin..

if aonyone needs help figuring out how to do it, ill help if i have time

Mar 22, 2004
good shit vince, i just got my shit running xp/Win7 64bit/osx 10.5.8

i spent a lil more then a g, but thats cause i got it runnin on a server mother board wit 2 seperate multi-core cpus and hella server memory... cubase 5 (win7 and osx), logic studio 9, and pro tools 8(xp, osx) and so far, ive used all three equally... i needed all three tho cause i got beat/song sessions for each program, but i damn near feel like its overkill..lol..

they boot off of different hard drives tho, but it aint hard to change the boot disk in bios so i aint trippin..

if aonyone needs help figuring out how to do it, ill help if i have time
Yeh I just swapped up for a quad core processor and it seems hella cool, so you're shit is on Beast mode! I got mine booting on different drives too, but tell you the truth, I don't really think I'll be using Vista for shit really. How's that logic 9 tho, better than Pro TOols 8? The new instruments on 8 are killin shit to me, that Xpand instrument is nice