Native Instruments Maschine Mikro

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2009
I happend to be browsing threw sweetwater.com looking at pad/keyboard controllers, & happed to see the Maschine has dropped a mikro version. I was wondering has anyone else used this or own this. It supposed to have the same 6gb sounds, same software etc.. But I was wondering whats the catch I mean if its just a smaller hardware then fuck why would anyone by the original... But my question is basically how is the Maschine itself normal or mikro.. I want to run it threw presonus into studio one, with a keyboard controller

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
from what i read into it its the same software with a more compact controller. the original is great because of all the knobs, making it very hands on. The original is made mostly out of aluminum, i don't know about the mikro.

As a production tool it is top notch, the only things I wish it had were some time stretching capabilities and perhaps a linear recording mode separate from the scene system to make it a full blown DAW/remix tool. It would also be tight if it could read all of your audio interface inputs, as far as I know it can only read 1&2 for stereo sampling. To me Maschine and a laptop can go spec for spec with pretty much any workstation I can think of. I love it

Oct 10, 2009
Good lookin Im running presonus audio box & I have been looking for more production tools was going to get an mpd but I figured for the price why not get something with sounds & software, I already have Fl Studio Producer Edition 10, Studio One Artist (upgrade is 299 so im waiting) I have tons of vsts & vstis for flstudio, also I can run Adobe Edition, Protools, etc. With my audio box but Im pretty cool with using Studio One the only thing I dont like is I cannot use vsts in studio one artist i have to upgrade but its all good for now I can still use a controller with artist & Im looking for a daw controller, but Im prolly going with Korn microKontrol

Oct 10, 2009
Swooped up an Akai Mpd for my pad controller might grab mashine later cuz as of now I just need pads (for sampling & drum programming) & the extra buttons help my work flow 1000%

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I decided to stick with my akai mpk and ableton...

I'm making some really dope shit lately, and don't need the learning curve at the moment - I feel I'm pretty close to mastering ableton ( or at least knowing all the shit I need to know for what I do). I always like getting new gear, and trying stuff out, but the reality is I probably can do the same shit with battery, given I already have a good amount of the kits, and ableton chops samples fucking nice, so I'll stick to what I know.

I sold my APC, I might get the machine mikro, bc least I can use it as a controller when need be... then again my mpk has pads lol I have money sitting in my paypal, I just need to figure what to add to my setup haha

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
there isn't much of a need to buy the latest greatest thing every time a new product comes out but the Maschine is a great thing to have especially for cats who use abelton. I'd peep out some of the youtube vids about how clean the integration is but i'm sure you can produce similar results with other hardware.