Native Instruments Maschine

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
Just picked up the Maschine from Native Instruments. So far I really really like it. Still figuring out all the possibilites. This matched with Reason and NI Komplete 7 and a midi controller is killer. Its basically just a controller for all the vsts/samples/sounds that are located on the computer. Drag and drop into pro tools for mixing is crazy easy and awesome.

The workflow on this thing is seamless. Haven't dove into sampling yet but it also looks really easy. Worth checking out. The pads feel great the main bonus over MPC is the workflow. I don't think you can work any faster than with the Maschine.

Anybody else got this or looking into it? I definately reccomend it. Got it for 489 from Amazon brand new.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/maschine/

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Maschine since they allow vst's has always appealed to me... but I don't need another peace of gear, I would have to sell off my akai controllers for it, and not ready yet to commit haha

can you use maschine as a live drum box? how stable is it has a vst in a program?

Im really looking to consolidate my live setup

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002

NIIICE...

Here's major question. The vst's, do I need a separate controllers with keys to play synths like massive or fm8... or can I controller them from the pads?

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
yes you can use it live its one of the main design attributes is for live applications. and yes you can use it as a controller for any program or use with vst's.. go to you youtube and search a query the manufacturer has hella vids (ni).. im mainly using in the studio in conjuction with komplete 8 and reason. im moving and havent had enough time to fully master the shit yet

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
theres also a new smaller streamlined controller NI put out called the Mikro, maschine is awesome. its pretty much where i make all my beats now

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I put some shit on ebay... I'ma get a machine and see whats up. I think I have been through more gear then anyone you know: motif, fantom, rs7000, electribe, dw8000, akai controllers, mo8 and a lot of racks haha.

I saw the micro, but thats to small

I really need to just get a piece and stick with it, I like trying out everything - granted its made me a whiz on gear to where i can almost jump on any piece and be functional.

Plus being busy as shit with school, and less time and space i need gear that can multifunction for me. Ill just get a mini key controller to accompany it.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
random question GHP...

I got Komplete on my computer plus many other Vst's. Can Maschine use non NI vst's? and can you insert VST through the maschine hardware without have to use mouse or look at cpu screen?

reason I ask is, I plan to learn how to use it, with minimal interaction with a mouse or keyboard. I hate flipping screen to screen with my dj software to other software like ableton, and it appeals to me that I can just minimize the screen and be fully functional with maschine.

does that question make sense?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
machine reads VST and AU, plus got midi out too so you can use your external racks as well. The integation with abelton is supposed to be the shit, plus you can drag and drop your midi into audio files straight into abelton clips. If you use NIs traktion for DJ software its supposed to be highly integrated with maschine as well. I think you will be extremely happy with your purchase, I found the learning curve pretty easy to grasp. My only setback was from from working more linearly like in reason to working with scenes, since you use abelton already it should be an easy jump for you.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
^ But can I access, and input vst from the actual hardware with out ever having to touch the mouse, or look at the computer screen?

thx, hopefully my shit sells on ebay

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
i got a maschine early this year but due to personal issues, i haven't had time to deal with it but before that i researched long and hard and it seemed straight for someone who didn't wanna spend mega bucks on mpc for just some hobby shit.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
NI plugins like komplete you don't need to use your mouse to have access to the menus. I use the mouse to adjust perameters of plugins sometimes just because its easier t mouse it than to scroll through and try to figure out what maschine knob does what in some softwares. Thats usually only an issue in plugins that have more than 8 parameters. I have a track ball mouse though so I still feel a hands on experience.