MY SET-UP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
my shits almost done except for minor problems..i have an m-audiophile 2496 pci soundcard installed, and im using an Art dps II preamp. i already had pro-tools LE on my cpu from a previous project, but now one of my homies is telling me my shit aint compatible..that ill have to get a copy of pro-tools m-powered to work it, or go for some other sound recording program..i shouldnt doubt him, he knows his shit, but i just wanna make sure?

Aug 9, 2009
thats the thing that sucks about Digidesign/Pro-Tools. Man, They sell their ish expensively high for such basic audio needs making their products strictly work for certain things. Like you have to be specific on what you get to work things properly which is very costly.

Thats why i just use Pro-Tools at school. It is a dope software though. industry standard shit so its dope to show off pro-tools in your home studio. haha

Mar 11, 2004
thats the thing that sucks about Digidesign/Pro-Tools. Man, They sell their ish expensively high for such basic audio needs making their products strictly work for certain things. Like you have to be specific on what you get to work things properly which is very costly.

Thats why i just use Pro-Tools at school. It is a dope software though. industry standard shit so its dope to show off pro-tools in your home studio. haha
I LOVE MY PROTOOLS MAN..I HAVE THE M-POWERED AND IVE USED CUBASE AND A FEW DIFFERENT PROGRAMS AND I PERFER PROTOOLS OVER ALOT OF THEM..SEEMS LIKE THE RECORDING PROCESS AND MIXING PROCESS RUNS SMOOTHER..IT COULD B JUST THE iMAC..WHEN I BOUGHT MY MAC I DECIDED TO UPGRADE TO PROTOOLS SO IT MIGHT B THE REASON BUT STILL HANDS DOWN I THINK PROTOOLS IS WELL WORTH THE MONEY.ITS VERY EXPENSIVE ESPECIALLY AT TIMES LIKE THIS..AND I DO FEEL LIMITED ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVENT BOUGHT MANY PLUG INS..BUT IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY..GOTTA SPEND A LIL EXTRA TO STAND OUT FROM PEOPLE..EVEN IF ITS JUST THE FACT THAT U USE PROTOOLS..ALOT OF PPL HEAR PROTOOLS AND THEY CHOOSE IT OVER ANOTHER PROGRAM.OR ATLEAST AROUND HERE..WHEN I MENTION IM RUNNIN PT THEY SEEM TO STOP GOIN TO THE OTHER STUDIOS AND COME TO ME

what school do you go to ?

Aug 9, 2009
what school do you go to ?
Im in High School but i have a 2 hour Off campus class called Digital Sound Design at a career center called MVROP. Chose it as an elective.

this year they actually spend thousands of dollars on a little over 30 pro tools stations. they got the small mboxes. I think my teacher said we're only like 1/2 classes with a full set of pro tools computers in da bay area. He cant certify us only until he is certified but we're about to get into book work to study and prepare us for a certification test. so i guess this is a pretty sweet advantage for me. Ill probably get certified in college (where there will be a limited amount of Pro Tools computers, lol. but by then ill be prepared)

@ Paya$o Lokz NJE559 : ya Pro tools is like the dopest software for recording. YEE!

May 4, 2007
www.myspace.com
we use protools le. not sure about the m power but i hear its pretty limited. marv scott, who is one of if not sacramentos best engineer/producer uses samplitude. he says its way better than protool, actually swears by it. worth a look at least.

Mar 11, 2004
we use protools le. not sure about the m power but i hear its pretty limited. marv scott, who is one of if not sacramentos best engineer/producer uses samplitude. he says its way better than protool, actually swears by it. worth a look at least.
looked at it..im always willing to check out new thangs and i aint bias as far as pro tools..if theres a program out there that is better and i like it ill admit it.. cant really say much for samplitude cuz on the website it shows nothing for mac..and i will never go back to a pc..i dont care what program u perfer but mac vs pc and music its mac hands down

Apr 25, 2002
For every person that says mac is better then pc, you'll find another one that says pc is better then mac. For every person that says Pro-Tools is better then Cubase, you'll find one that says Cubase is better then Pro-Tools. It all boils down to your own personal preference because at the end of the day all these software packages do the same thing. Just make sure you aren't one of those people that throws money at something because some dude was telling you about how big of a hard on he gets over it. Try them all out yourself and see what fits.

If you just want more opinions, I would take a pc/Cubase rig over mac/Pro-Tools any day, no question.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
speaking of setups,

where do you guys get your 1/4 trs cables at? They're hella expensive in stores, 2 cables will set you back 14 bucks, and I need plenty of them. Any places where you can get them in bulk?

Oct 20, 2008
ebay man, you can find cables for nothing on there, even amazon sometimes. or you can build em yourself. If your a little handy and can solder your can by the end and the wire and make a bunch for really cheap.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I think its funny when people feel they need a macbook pro to be legit, or anything for that matter. There is so many combinations of gear, and software out there...

I use to have a digi001 and hated how it would limit, and work shitty on pc's... got a different sound card and shit is smooth.... and interchangeable with any daw

Feb 8, 2003
U can use any type of combination of software. long as you have a music ear and know how to mix/ master then you be on point but if you lack them skills then it dont matter what program you use bc it wont help you unless you pay to get it done by a pro.