MPK49

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 3, 2005
www.myspace.com
I just picked up an MPK49, I got a shitty laptop, FL Studio, monitors, pro mic, and an audio interface. I've been looking into some alienware laptops to use with it instead of my HP, is that a good choice...or what are your reccomendations?

Deffinitly getting pro tools in the near future - juz gotta keep hustling :cool:

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
For a PC based system, I recommend you get your computer custom built and you invest the most into it, and get the most powerful computer you can, for your buck. So yes, in a sense that is a good route to go, because it is custom. But search around locally and find custom deals.

It's the backbone of your home studio, and power and speed does matter, especially when you get Pro Tools. You'll also want an external hard drive when your music gets more serious.

You use Fruity Loops, which runs on any system, so I wouldn't even worry about your CPU for now.

But honestly, I recommend the iMac. Personally. They never crash.

Apr 26, 2006
You use Fruity Loops, which runs on any system, so I wouldn't even worry about your CPU for now.
Why not go for power in that case also? FL Studio can run VST plugins too you know. More power = more instances of plugins.

Anyways MANIAQ, once you get Pro Tools dude, your INSTANTLY A PRO. :rolleyes:

Check out the Dell XPS's too. They seem to build some powerful comps.