MPD 32

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 25, 2006
anyone on here use this or any of the mpd's? i have never used a pad, i have always used keyboards and ideally i would like to get an mpc but i am on a budget, i want to get this to use with reason 4, but im not quite sure what the difference is from using the mpd and just using a midi controller keyboard

Oct 10, 2009
i was also going to grab an MPC but everyone on here told me to go with the MPD most people who have Reason & other Daws, Can do everything the MPC does with an MPD just get one with note repeat, theres really not much a difference vs MPD/CONTROLLER its just if you like Pads or Keys ones a pad controller, the other keys controller

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i had one and traded it for the machine, i think i would have been better off with the MPD. Maschine 1.1 is out though. i might change my mind if they solved the stability issues with the software, some of the new features are fucking crazy. Mow that i'm done with the semester i'm gonna fuck with that and see what i can do with it Rex files, midi drag and drop to audio into daw, scene changes with midi keyboard, midi in and out. lots of possibilities if the program isn't freezing and crashing anymore.

Apr 25, 2002
I have a MPD24. My only problem with it was I got some serious latency issues when using the USB cable for midi. The rhythm I would play on the pads would come out sounding off through the speakers and it would fuck me up, im a bongo player so rhymic skills weren't the problem. I tried playing a rhythm to the metranome with the track muted so all I could was my fingers tapping the pads to the metranome...I played a perfect rhythm on beat and when I unmuted the track and played back what I recorded it was way off from what I actually played. I bought the power cable for the the mpd and connected it to my firewire interface instead and the response has been better but I still get some latency when playing faster rhythms/rolls.

nobe

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2008
Yessir, i fuck with the mpd24. Copped it about a week ago, and I am satisfied with it. Especuilly for sampling.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
I have a mpd 16 and its cool for what it is. Its definately not a mpc and shouldn't be considered one. You can do everything that you want to do with a mpc on the computer but the mpc is definately faster. The mpds note repeat also doesn't work quite right with Reason you will have to quantize everything in your daw later. The mpd32 looks to be a great product imo for anyone who plans to use a software setup. I just got a mpc 2000 earlier this week and I love it. Its very easy to use fast and intutitive. Reason is the shit too though. I sample mostly so Reason for me was a bit of a headache jumping from program to program just to chop samples. The mpc is fast and easy for me. Plus if I want to go somewhere else and make beats all I need is my mpc and a pair of headphones and some sounds vs needing the laptop interface midi controller and all that other stuff.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i'm sure one day Akai i gonna step up to the plate and create a virtual MPC controller/software combo, they would if they are smart since so many are ditching their old hardware for software

Apr 26, 2006
i'm sure one day Akai i gonna step up to the plate and create a virtual MPC controller/software combo, they would if they are smart since so many are ditching their old hardware for software
They definitely should. They could do something like Maschine and make a dedicated controller designed for the software.

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
they might eventually. but as long as people buy mpds thinking they are mpcs or close enough I dont see akai doing that. Honestly I would prefer to use a mpd with whatever software I already had rather than learning a new vst or entirely new program just to replace a mpc. It would basically have to be a daw and a mpc is not real competiton for any real daw. great thought though.

Mar 22, 2004
Just bought one, I don't want it, for sale lol

So i picked this up last night, I thought I can downsize the mpc4000 and use this, but I like the 4K too much still.
I got it for dirt, it's new in the box, used it for about an hour or two.
Didn't feel like googling all night to see how to assign faders, knobs etc...
so I'll let it go for 200, I'm in SAC come get it!