Motu BPM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2006
Anyone fuck with it?
not yet, but I've looked over BPM and Maschine, and I go with Maschine for the win.

Now, if you already have a MPD24-32, I guess BPM is a way better bargain, but I still don't think it has the killer workflow like Maschine seems to have (I haven't got hands on with it).

The problem with Maschine is that at six bills is that you're bordering on the price range of an entry-level MPC

How much is BPM? I guess you can map it to any controller but I think it's built for an Akai MPD32.

BPM has a fatter library too

right now I can't justify buying none of this shit, especially in that I already have Guru and these are all just glorified Guru's.

I have to say though, Maschine might be the first software of this type with a dedicated proprietary controller.

STRATEGY

Apr 13, 2008
Thank you for the information.

I was reading that Motu BPM is a stand alone program and is easy to use, so I was thinking about downloading it and seeing how easy it is to use.

Apr 26, 2006
That BPM seems pretty much like a more visually appealing GURU. The workflow seems nice, but I definitely wouldn't get it. It's just a virtual drum machine with nice lil editing features. That's nothing you can't do in most DAWs like FL Studio, Cubase, Logic,Reaper, ProTools, Ableton Live, etc....

If you like using blocks to do your drums, FL Studio is easy as shit. Gotta use the piano roll though to get into finer detail. Native Instruments Battery is probably your better choice IMO if you want a drum sampler with hi-end editing.

The great thing about the Akai MPC series is it's sampling capabilities. I'm sure these plugins can mimic the sound editing and arrangement the same if not better, but I don't think they offer the same sampling greatness.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I'm loving these software with fully integrated hardware packages popping up. Anyone see that artura alalog experience? Its a synth emulator with a real professional midi keyboard built exclusivly for it. that shit looks bad, one could get that, the machine and an audio interface be rockin harder than with an MPC all inside the computer

I'm diggin that mashine alot, i just wish the pads and buttons were more like an MPC or an MV8800. The integration looks super smooth. it still feels alot better than any other pad controller on the market aside from the folks using their MPC as a glorified midi controller

its hard to say what route would be better

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I don't think you can sample directly into BPM.

from the vids i've seen on both I think the maschine is a better product. From the vids i dont really like the workflow of BPM that much. There is more press about the mashine though so with a little homework you can really get a great idea on how the thing works inside and out b4 buying it, NI has marketed the thing real well. I'd rather have an MPD 32 than the mashines controller though. The machine controller is built real well but the MPD has better pads and solid buttons and shit. I'm hoping they revamp the mashine controller with better pads and buttons. I was gonna get an MPC but I'm about 90% sold on getting the mashine, i do alot of homework b4 i make a big purchase though well see