mbox 2, protools le, mac os 9 / x issues

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 6, 2004
San Diego, CA
www.myspace.com
man i just got the mbox 2 mini and it came with the protools le... i installed it on my mac and im runnin os x... but the problem is that when i try to open protools it says that i need to run os 9.1 or higher in classic mode... i dont HAVE os 9... so what tha fucc do i do.... do i really have to download a 40 gb operating system that i dont need, just to run the protools le?

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
man i just got the mbox 2 mini and it came with the protools le... i installed it on my mac and im runnin os x... but the problem is that when i try to open protools it says that i need to run os 9.1 or higher in classic mode... i dont HAVE os 9... so what tha fucc do i do.... do i really have to download a 40 gb operating system that i dont need, just to run the protools le?
That's odd. I have the same shit and I've never had that problem. Did you get it straight from a dealer or a third party that was dumping it?

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
fuccin third party, evertek aka the corporate side pf computer geeks
so i have no operating system disc to reboot or anything
my girl works there so she s gonna try to get one for me today
any suggestions though?
I have no idea. Sounds like they just gave you an old ass version of PT with a newer piece of hardware. Classic runs slow as fuck so I know you don't want to do that. My only advice would be to get an updated PT disc.

If I were you, I'd get a hold of the folks that sold it to you and tell them you want a new disc. Tell 'em it doesn't work or whatever, but that's probably your best bet...unless you can get the program from a friend.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
In the other thread I gave you a link that showed what was compatible and what wasn't. Now I'm giving you that same link and an additional one.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&langid=100&categoryid=35&itemid=23158

(pertains to PT 7 to like 7.3)

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&itemid=23639

(this one has all the info you need)

Click on the links, look at your hardware, look at the os you have and look at the version of PT you have. If your version of PT isn't supported by your OS, you either change your OS or you find a version of PT that is compatible. If your hardware is not compatible, you need to either change the OS or get rid of the hardware.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Last night I had to trouble shoot someones system over the phone. The person didn't know how to create a master fader, and I had to keep telling him the same thing again and again. He had an issue with one of the Ozone plugins and from there his system went downhill but I got him up and running after we ruled everything else out. So you guys running macs, pay attention to some of the Ozone plugs and if you bump into any errors let me know as I'm trying to keep my own database on it so if he has a problem like that again.

(and I solved it by having him default all his I/O and making changes to the way errors pop up.) I did that last because he didn't know how to make a master fader.