M-AUDIO TRIGGER FINGER

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 23, 2007
^^ thats another 1 i was considering im guessing the pads are more like an mpc on the mpd24...with controllers like these can i chop loops an samples in recycle an assign the to a pad on the nnxt or dr rex?

Apr 26, 2006
^^ thats another 1 i was considering im guessing the pads are more like an mpc on the mpd24...with controllers like these can i chop loops an samples in recycle an assign the to a pad on the nnxt or dr rex?
I don't see why not, you can do it in FL Studio with FPC. In FL Studio it's all drag n drop, drag the sounds you want over the pads in FPC and assign those pads to your controller's pads. Not sure how it works with Reason or Recycle though.

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Haven't used the Trigger Finger or the MPD24, but I have an MPD16 that I use when I'm not with my MPC. Yes, you can use it with Reason. All of your chopping will be done in Recycle, without the controller; it has no use in Recycle, but once everything is chopped you can import the REX file into the NNXT and place the chops on the desired notes corresponding to the notes that the pads are set to on the controller.

Oct 26, 2006
www.greenrm420records.com
Oct 26, 2006
Haven't used the Trigger Finger or the MPD24, but I have an MPD16 that I use when I'm not with my MPC. Yes, you can use it with Reason. All of your chopping will be done in Recycle, without the controller; it has no use in Recycle, but once everything is chopped you can import the REX file into the NNXT and place the chops on the desired notes corresponding to the notes that the pads are set to on the controller.
fo sho thanks for the info man i may have to pick one up someday

Dec 9, 2005
i was looking to get something like this my only question was does it chop like the mpcs do?but noone at guitar center could answer me.
If you're talking about the Trigger Finger, I'm almost positive that its just a midi controller...meant to simulate the pads on an MPC.

The chopping would be done with ReCycle.

Apr 26, 2006
Also, if you don't have an actual midi keyboard, you should probably instead get a keyboard with the pads built-in. Something like an M-Audio Axiom or Akai MPK49.

Heck there's even the new line of Korg products called the "nano series" and they made something called the "nanoPad." It doesn't cost that much either, about $60 and it's so small so it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Oct 26, 2006
Also, if you don't have an actual midi keyboard, you should probably instead get a keyboard with the pads built-in. Something like an M-Audio Axiom or Akai MPK49.

Heck there's even the new line of Korg products called the "nano series" and they made something called the "nanoPad." It doesn't cost that much either, about $60 and it's so small so it doesn't take up a lot of space.

i got one of those but i think the drum pad midi would be better then the 8 pads on the anxiom 49 but i may be wrong!

Mar 17, 2006
thanks, I wasn't getting at all how one could use it with Recycle.

I use an MPD24 with Guru and it works great, other than some annoying workflow issues that have more to do with my DAW's (Live 6) integration with it than Guru's.

In fact, with Guru in standalone, its fairly perfect, I think.

STRATEGY

Apr 26, 2006
Yeah GURU looks like a really nice drum VST.

I personally just use FPC though because it's all integrated in FL Studio, you can drag and drop sounds, so building up kits is very quick, no need to open up a separate browser to look for sounds.

May 4, 2005
one suggestion... make sure you get something that has some midi sliders and knobs as well, endless entertainment programing automation in your synths

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Guru does look like a great drum machine plug in, probably the best one going. I've been working with reasons drum machine and that thing hardly cuts the mustard for me

Mar 17, 2006
Guru does look like a great drum machine plug in, probably the best one going. I've been working with reasons drum machine and that thing hardly cuts the mustard for me
For some reason I got Guru for $100 a couple of years ago at Guitar Center. I've never seen it that cheap since or before, I think it's always $199.

It might be because Guitar Center won't carry it anymore and they were trying to push out all the old stock.

It;s just annoying in Ableton Live, I have to create all these extra tracks and route the midi and shit just to use one instance of it with multiple banks. I think it works better in all the other major DAW's though where you just drop it in and start playing.

I'm getting a Mac soon and seriously thinking about checking out Logic, seems like you get a lot for your money with the built-in instruments and stuff.

STRATEGY