Loop CD's ? Anyone use them in your arsenal?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I use to be soooooooo antiloop CD's... Treat beats like a organic recipe from scratch... nothing premade.

I have slightly changed my tone... granted I still would never use the synth, bass loops b/c I like to create my own melodies (which is bread and butter of the track)

some of the Drums I came across are phat, and Its a quick way to just get the beat up and running, and free computer processing.

granted I still like to midi slice them a bit, maybe just just bits and parts. All im saying its a good tool to have.

thoughts?

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
loops are excellent to jam to and they facilitate creating live looping music. I exclusively use stylus rmx as an integral component in my loopbased music. It's sample accurate, syncs to everything else in reaper, and the sounds are great.

Now, too bad, my computer is eternally busted.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I usually sample and make my own loops off my music library, but i use loops from my sound libraries all the time usually combining them with individual one shots to make my drums fatter and more complex than my playing level. use whatever tool you can to make your stuff sound good, you don't have to have a masters degree in music theory to make a hot beat, i think thats been proven.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
There's a difference if your using them creatively.

I have grabbed some cool bass lines, chopped them in the sampler, added effects. and you would have never know anything.

The reality is the average person who listen's to music has no clue how you make the music, nor do they really give a shit - long as it sounds good.

I brought up this topic here I saw a thread with a fierce of debate of enthusiast that see using "ANYTHING" programmed his a deadly sin. Personally I think they're working at a disadvantage not utilizing all the tools available. They might as well go back to reel to reel saying protools is cheating also haha

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
MOST LOOPS SOUND SO COOKIE CUTTER...ALL THE DOWN SOUTH AND WEST COAST KITS SOUND, SO GENERIC...ANY BODY GOT ANY SPOTS TO FIND SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS MORE VINYL LIKE OR ANALOG?