LOGIC STUDIO 9!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B.C.

Sicc OG
Mar 12, 2005
I've heard it was out but haven't heard any feedback. I can't keep up anymore. I'm just learning how to use Logic 8. It seems like everytime I finally get the hang of some software, they always want to come out with a new version. It's hard to keep up and I think I'm just going to have to use what works for me instead of always trying to upgrade. It gets expensive too.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Two pretty dope new features.

Multiple takes, zero confusion.
Take folders make it easier than ever to organize and manage all your takes and overdubs. You don’t even have to create or rename a folder. Just record over your existing material, and Logic Pro automatically creates a new take folder. Since take folders are region based, you can keep takes for the verse in one folder and takes for the chorus in another — all on the same track. If you prefer to organize your takes like playlists, simply use a single take folder for the entire track.

New features in Logic Pro 9 let you freely edit and move take regions, punch in and out of a take without creating a new take lane, and color code your best takes on the fly.

Quick comps.
Use Quick Swipe Comping to build the perfect track in no time. Just swipe over the best sections of each take to create a seamless comp, complete with transition-smoothing crossfades. Now you can even access traditional edit functions — including cut, copy, paste, fades, crossfades, and more — all without leaving Quick Swipe Comping. Multiple comps and Autosave let you experiment without worrying about losing your work. And you can use Edit Groups to synchronize your selections across related tracks, like a multimic recording of a vocal group.

Mar 22, 2004
I've heard it was out but haven't heard any feedback. I can't keep up anymore. I'm just learning how to use Logic 8. It seems like everytime I finally get the hang of some software, they always want to come out with a new version. It's hard to keep up and I think I'm just going to have to use what works for me instead of always trying to upgrade. It gets expensive too.
exactly, I used to always keep up with the latest shit, but it's hella expensive to stay doing that!

Jun 24, 2006
I'm really contemplating upgrading to this. I really like Logic 8 and the Flex Time feature has been getting really good feedback. I got the new issue of Recording Magazine and they have a write up on all the new DAW's. Cockos Reaper and Magix Samplitude are the two I want to check out.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i just got 8, i feel like i deserve a free upgrade. it takes all day to upload that program on your computer version 8 is massive as it is. I Havn't even scratched the surface on that one yet. Logic is kind of a bitch to me personally, if they made any less complicated to operate i might have to cough up the 2 bills for the upgrade.

Sydal i'm gonna have to holler at you in regards to some tips on Logic, seems like every time i use it i get more and more pissed. For some reason i get a file not found code on alot of the loops and shit, drives me nuts to the point i just fuck with maschine and reason by themselves. I was thinking about scooping this 50 dollar instructional dvd series on logic to learn it better

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
i just got 8, i feel like i deserve a free upgrade. it takes all day to upload that program on your computer version 8 is massive as it is. I Havn't even scratched the surface on that one yet. Logic is kind of a bitch to me personally, if they made any less complicated to operate i might have to cough up the 2 bills for the upgrade.

Sydal i'm gonna have to holler at you in regards to some tips on Logic, seems like every time i use it i get more and more pissed. For some reason i get a file not found code on alot of the loops and shit, drives me nuts to the point i just fuck with maschine and reason by themselves. I was thinking about scooping this 50 dollar instructional dvd series on logic to learn it better
I had that same issue with loading certain loops and certain sounds, but one day the problem just went away. I'm not sure what it was. As for tips, I'd love to help out any way that I can. I will start by directing you to my favorite Youtube channel for Logic instruction. The dude that does these is a BEAST, and I learned a lot from his videos. He even has one video that allows you to download MPC3000 Groove Templates, so you'll have those in your quantize set.

Go to Youtube and find this dude called SFLogicNinja. That's a great start. Dude really knows the program.

Oh, and avoid any tutorials by EXPERTVILLAGE...waste of time.

Get at me.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
true expert village is wack

whats strange to me about logic is things never seem to loop right. I hate how the midi events are placed in groups. i hate how reason made that a feature in ver 4 as well that shit is stupid. I like to group shit myself after i get everything set right. Things always seem to be louder in reason and my other beat making programs than in logic even after putting in effects and shit not sure why that is

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I'm gonna start gettig back into logic because i'm fed up with the sheer buggyness of the maschine, buyer beware

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
So question for u guys:

I'm used to using Cubase on my PC...I also have a Macbook Pro that I wanna start doin music on. My boy has tried to show me Ableton Live but I'm a luddite and want something similiar to Cubase....Is Logic a semi-easy transition? Cause I just want something I can feel comfortable with.

Thanks!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Id stay with cubase or nuendo if thats what ou know mark, i tried switching platforms and wasn't too happy with it.

I think sonar and cubase are more for beats than logic even though logic has tons of sounds and loops and stuff for that purpose. Logic is more of a composition notation happy DAW. I originally was taking the PC route and was gonna roll with Sonar 8. I wish it worked on a mac or i would have kept that software instead.

Since i spent the money on logic i'm gonna do my damndest to break the steep learning curve to it. For the most part i have it but its just really quirky, for the moment i'll probably do most of my compositing in reason 4 and aux out the audio to logic. The effects plugins in Logic sound really good out the box. I'll probably upgrade to 9 eventually even if i can't get a deal. i just think its lame that i bought ver 8 in june and a new version came out 2 months later

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Yeah sorry to be the only guy who doesn't buy some software but I ain't gonna break that much bread on Cubase for the Mac lol....and there aren't any "free" ones out there. That's why I'm asking if there's a decent alternative along the same lines. Otherwise I'll just stay doin' it on the PC with the old ass version I still use.

Jan 6, 2003
www.midwestinvasion.com
Yeah sorry to be the only guy who doesn't buy some software but I ain't gonna break that much bread on Cubase for the Mac lol....and there aren't any "free" ones out there. That's why I'm asking if there's a decent alternative along the same lines. Otherwise I'll just stay doin' it on the PC with the old ass version I still use.

It cost for "LOGIC" its not like you could get that for free

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
apple is pretty good at making people pay for their software, what you get for the money is definatly worth 500 bucks hough

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
It cost for "LOGIC" its not like you could get that for free
Thanks buddy, I know it's a pay program I just have a friend with a copy....I appreciate the info though ;-)

I know I ain't the only one who uses and/or has used warez lol

And BOOBOO619 thanks for the link to that program! Never heard of it before but I just DL'd the demo...Looks pretty sick

Jan 6, 2003
www.midwestinvasion.com
Cant you use your usb dongle on any PC/MAC? I always thought you could. Say you have a home studio on PC, but a travel studio on MAC cant you just take the dongle out the pc and put it in the MAC? I know you could do this with 2 pcs but not sure if you could with PC/MAC