Inspiring Producers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2009
Who are you inspired by the most?

Me, personally, I am mostly inspired by Krump producers because im a krump producer myself. My favorites are Tha J-Squad (founders), Straight Buckness, Traxsumus/J-Tight, Buck Mouth, & Tha Cartunez. But there are many more. out there i listen and get off to.

Aside to just regular rap/hip-hop beats. Im mostly just influenced by bay area producers cuz we got SLAP over here!
Traxamillion, Dj Fresh & Whole Shabang, Khayree, Nick Peace, Droop-E, E-A-Ski, Indecent the Slapmaster. I just mentioned the dudes who make hits But I know theres a lot more underrated producers out there.

Im also getting inspired by Tony Lo cuz man, just listening to his beats right here on Siccness from those battles, Tony Lo is an upcoming producer in the game! Yee!

Apr 21, 2006
Ranging from DJ Quik, Battlecat, Dre, Jay Dee, Rick Rock, Nottz, Hi Tek those are the main cats that influence me and if you hear my music you can hear that..... but my inspiration can also come from other producers that are unknown just killin it on the beats. I could even be choppin it up about music with someone who isnt even a producer but knows their shit and i'll go to the drawing board off of that. Sometimes, I'll just be goin through it, stressed about life, thats when I'll really get creative and inspired. Lastly, when someone gives me constructive criticism on my beats.

Apr 25, 2002
While I have respect for some of the people listed, I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed if nobody has been influenced by "producers" outside of rap. Especially since so much of the early bay area rap and mobb music was heavily influenced by people like Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, James Mtume, George Clinton, etc etc etc etc etc etc...

Jun 9, 2005
www.kevwestbeats.com
While I have respect for some of the people listed, I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed if nobody has been influenced by "producers" outside of rap. Especially since so much of the early bay area rap and mobb music was heavily influenced by people like Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, James Mtume, George Clinton, etc etc etc etc etc etc...
Im influenced by a lot of different stuff but I wont say what kuz cats would think its weird and out of place. I will say I am not really into much bay music. At least not enough to have a real influence. No hate just not my thing.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i try not to be too influenced by any particular producer because i dont want to end up sounding like a copycat

Apr 7, 2006
Just to list a few, I'm sure I forgot some..

E-A-Ski
Rick Rock
Traxamillion
Ant Banks
Studio Tone
Bosko
Scott Storch
Timbaland
Alchemist
Battlecat
Dr. Dre
DJ Quik
Nottz
JR Rotem
J. Dilla
Hi-Tek
Cool & Dre
Teddy Riley
Jake One
9th Wonder
Ryan Leslie
J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League
Drumma Boy
DJ Khalil

As far as what Sick Wid It was saying, it's kind of difficult to identify early producers that are influential due to my generation gap, but I would put Quincy Jones and George Clinton. If I knew the composers of some soul/jazz/funk tracks I knew of I would list them because listening to music composed instrumentally is definitely inspiring.

And thank you to DjTre. I'm glad to be an inspiration to someone.

Mar 15, 2009
Well I'm a fan of almost, if not All of the above & since this is "Producer" inspiration I must say that my favs that I haven't seen on here yet are Quincy Jones, Phil Spector (wit his crazy ass) James Brown, Pharell, Curtis Mayfeild, Rick James, PRINCE, Jellyroll, MF Doom & Ryan Leslie.