INPUT ON BASIC SET-UP PLEASE..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
im tired of relying on other unreliable cats to do music with lol...so i was thinking of getting an mbox mini...but after talking it over with one of my homies, he said he doesnt feel the mbox is the best option even on a small budget..he said im better off going with an m-audio fast track, and getting a decent pre-amp if im wanting to use pro-tools...he said the other option would be to use something else, such as cubase for example, and just buy an overall better soundcard for around 500$ (i forget the model he showed me)...any thoughts on this, any help?

Apr 7, 2006
If you have a mac I would reccomend getting Logic & an Apogee Duet as an interface.. It's about 500 dollars & is the top of its class...

If you have a PC I would reccomend either Sonar, Reaper or Cubase... A Profire 610 might ba a good choice for an interface as the Apogee is Mac only... Or you could go for better analog to digital conversion quality & get a Lynx II sound card... Only thing tho is that they're PCI only...