how to connect YAMAHA MOTIF ES6 to PC {fl studio}

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I don't use FL studio so I can't help you on that. I do however own a Motif (even though I took all my gear down and put it in storage), but I still know the workings of it. I never hooked my ES to my computer using their drivers and USB but used midi and audio cables. Now I'm assuming you want to multitrack the music you've made on your motif or basically use it as a tone generator/sound module.

What you want to do is connect the computer and ES via midi (and audio.) Take a midi cable and connect it to your computers midi OUT. Take the other end and connect it to the ES' midi IN. On the ES you need to press UTILITY. From there you need to press SYNC (F3 I believe). From there you need to change MIDI SYNC to MIDI. Doing this will make the ES the "slave". I don't use FL so I can't tell you where to make the appropriate settings in it, but you need to make sure in the midi settings FL is set to MASTER or Internal. You also need to remember FL is going to control the tempo because its all midi at this point, so whatever you set the tempo in FL is what the tempo of the song will be.

If you've done it all correctly you should be able to press play in FL and the ES will play back in time. Make sure your hardware/latency buffers are as low as possible, because if they aren't, the music is going to come out late or drift.

For connecting the audio side, all you have to do is use the main outs of the ES and plug those into whatever interface you're using.

Oct 10, 2009
Yep like heresy said but also you can run the motif via usb or midi or both its alot simpler via usb for use as a controller but midi (sounds from the motif) heresy got you set