FL Studio Mobile

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
It's finally out. You guys with iOS device and FL Studio Desktop should really check this out. You can import what you do in this app version, into the bigger desktop version. It's $14.99 for a limited time only right now.

Apr 26, 2006
Got it for ipad. Ill let u know what I think.
Sick, if I had an iPad, I'd probably be on that shit all day. haha I probably wouldn't do complete beats on it though, probably just lay ideas down for use with the desktop version.

Using FL Studio with a touch screen must be dope.

BTW, can you load up your own samples into it? That's all I want to know. I'd like to hear your review of it.

Sep 25, 2005
In theory its a fuckin brilliant idea. It can upload projects to and from your dsktop seamlessly. They will be adding support for uploading your own samples in a future update but that feature is nit available now. I really like the idea of being able to throw down some "bare bones" for a track on the go or while taking a shit or whatever. Lol. And then being able to upload the track later and polish it up with the right samples and playing your midi files to be recorded on your hardware or soft synhs, adding effects eq etc... And you would think the touch interface would lend itself to an intuitive creative flow... In some respects the interface works pretty good but things like the piano roll i thought would be quick and easy to edit, it was a pain in the ass. It would ask you everytime you selected a note, if you want to move it for example, then you have push yes, move the fuckin note. Too much double confirmation of obvious shit. The piano is ok, except it is pretty retarded to tap a flat screen instead of piano keys you know.... It has an mpc type touch pad for the drum kits, which seems like it would work well. But then again, i tried to quantize a bunch of shit and it was awkward trying to edit the pianoroll like i said earlier. The drum kits are all preset andvgay. The instruments are ok, general midi shit eith a small library of other synths and instruments. Nothing imwould use on an actual track. Theres reverb, delay, gain and i think a couple other effects. You can only manipulate attack and cutoff on the instrument sampkes. (well volume, panning, velocity too). No vst softsynth support to my knowledge but i could be wrong. I dont think ill fuck with this too much. It cist 20$ and im kinda pissed at it just trying to figure out what should be simple operations like cut paste edit etc etc. I do trust image line to come up w a good product - ive been a fl user since like 2.0 but i think its a bit premature on this technology. I think in a year or so this ipad shit will be kickin off. Already we have korg and moog and a bunch of smaller companies with softsynths. Alesis and i think m audio have come out with hardware midi and audio deals for iphone and ipad so its gonna work eventually its just not there yet.

Apr 26, 2006
Good shit, yeah that's what I figured. Seems like it does have a lot to improve on. Does seem cool just to lay down some ideas like melodies or drum beats. I guess there's only so much you can do in a small app that runs in a hand held device. No app on a hand held device will ever be as deep as Windows/Mac OS based software.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
thats pretty sick, even if its streamlined you can always take it to your PC and switch your sounds up and polish it up. Things like this are tempting me to cop a tablet, I saw a korg electribe ipad app that looked sick

Mar 17, 2006
In theory its a fuckin brilliant idea. It can upload projects to and from your dsktop seamlessly. They will be adding support for uploading your own samples in a future update but that feature is nit available now.
I'll wait for this. Stock sounds (I haven't heard them) will annoy after awhile even if they're good.

I'll stick with Beatmaker for now on iOS, but this looks promising.

I just got an iPad and immediately bought Garage Band for five bones, just for shit and giggles.

I wonder if this means an OSX FL is in the works? It would make sense for Apple to subsidize that even, a lot of the iOS userbase is also on OSX. The whole inegration of "port project to desktop version" is the biggest part of that, Mac users own't get that (yet).

Overall, iOS MUSIC production which started out as a fad, is becoming more and more legit with these tools.

STRATEGY

STRATEGY

Apr 26, 2006
I doubt FL will ever go OSX. They've never even re-written the PC version. They only keep adding on. It's all good though, still love FL.

Wish Apple Logic went PC, doubt that too. haha