FL Studio 9 is OUT!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
Image-Line has released FL Studio 9, a complete software music production environment, representing the culmination of more than 10 years of sustained & focused development.

FL Studio is a full-featured, open architecture, music production environment capable of audio recording, composing, sequencing and mixing, for the creation of professional quality music. The FL Studio philosophy is creative freedom:

Free your audio – Instruments can be routed to any mixer track. Each mixer track can receive audio from any number of instruments, any number of other mixer tracks and a soundcard input. Further, mixer track outputs allow sending audio to any other mixer track and a soundcard output.

Free your mind – Choose your preferred workflow, compose using the step-sequencer or piano roll. Create in pattern or track mode, then arrange your ideas in the free ‘palette’ Playlist. The Playlist presents timeline as a virtual ‘canvas’ where each Playlist track can simultaneously hold any number of score, audio and automation events. Now that’s freedom.

Key new features in FL Studio 9

•Revised Playlist with integrated ‘Play’ button, new Clip Track features incl. track naming, muting, clip grouping & icons.
•Mixer insert tracks 99 (increased from 64) and ‘Track Send’ switches now have a ‘Sidechaining‘ function for multi-input plugins. Multithreaded FX processing CPU option.
•Piano roll ‘Riff Machine’ automated sequence generator tool and ‘note grouping’ feature.
•Step sequencer now with integrated Play button for improved workflow.
•Multiple controller support, independent instrument channels can be simultaneously played by separate controllers.
•Volatile links allow hardware control of last touched GUI object. Improved linking options & functions.
•Multi-Core CPU improved multithreaded generator & multithreaded effects processing. Unleash the power of the latest generation multi-core processors.
•SimSynth Live, DrumSynth Live, DX-10, WASP and WASP XT are 5 synthesizers that are now included in FL Studio (not in Express) to broaden your musical palette
•Ogun (demo) & Autogun (free) additive metal simulation synthesizers. Autogun includes over 4 billion presets!
•Gross Beat real-time, audio-stream playback, pitch, position and volume manipulation effect (demo).
•Stereo Shaper Mid / Side stereo processing (free).
•Vocodex advanced vocoder (free with Producer Edition).
•Revised plugins include Fruity Limiter with sidechaining, Wavecandy new mastering meter modes Fruity Reeverb 2 Mid/Side processing. Edison & Slicex new export regions and noise reduction function.
•Loop recording Audio Clips are now muted instead of the associated Channel for improved workflow.
•Browser now provides access to Windows file-browser (right-click on files). File-name helper displays names past browser edge on mouse-over. The Plugin Database shows plugins by category. Dragging plugin presets onto Mixer insert tracks links the plugin to that track.
•Wrapper completely revised for improved compatibility inc., multi-input/output plugins & ‘aligned tick lengths’.
•Time log in project settings shows time spent working on a project. Time is money, now you can count it!
•Over 370 additions, changes & bugfixes, details here.
FL Studio is available for Windows PC in several versions, starting at $49 USD for to Express version up to $299 USD for Signature Bundle download (previously XXL). A fully functional demo version is available for download (saving of projects disabled).

New Image-Line customers can get 10% discount on their entire first order of $90 or more with this promo link.

http://rekkerd.org/image-line-releases-fl-studio-9/

Sick update! :cool: That full multi-core support is going to help so much considering I just bought a QuadCore.

Feb 24, 2006
I got it. I never fucked with fl i always used reasons and pro tools. but i got this for the hell of it. how do you piece up your sequences into the playlist on fruity loops.
put your drums or wutever on pattern 1, melody on pattern 2, next one on pattern 3, etc. then u can arrange the patterns on the playlist.

Feb 8, 2003
put your drums or wutever on pattern 1, melody on pattern 2, next one on pattern 3, etc. then u can arrange the patterns on the playlist.
Thanks I figured that shit out after fucking with it for a hour LOL. On some real shit i like this program better then reason. I found mass plug ins for it they stepped the quality up on this program too bc i remember i tried it back in 2004 and it sounded generic but now this shit sound just as good as any other program. Its easier to do sampling with that fpc plug in then it is on my mpc.

Apr 26, 2006
Thanks I figured that shit out after fucking with it for a hour LOL. On some real shit i like this program better then reason. I found mass plug ins for it they stepped the quality up on this program too bc i remember i tried it back in 2004 and it sounded generic but now this shit sound just as good as any other program. Its easier to do sampling with that fpc plug in then it is on my mpc.
Yeah this program is dope man. So many people knock it, but I don't know why. Maybe just because of the "Fruity Loops" name, but other than that it's a dope program all around. For making beats, it's perfect. Hella easy to use IMO and it looks good. It's piano roll is one of the best IMO.

This program is all about good workflow. It's quick and easy to get shit setup and done.

Feb 24, 2006
u can rewire reason into fl too...that way u can use reason as a sound module and sequence in fl