film/tv/video game placement

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2006
ay i know a few cats on here said they got some of there beats/songs placed in games/film/tv. how do you do it?

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
^what game how did u do it brah? i heard them checks is nice
It's called "Zombie Panic"...first person shooter. It was built on the Half Life engine, and I think they're in the process of shopping it right now...but not sure. I got hooked up 'cause my boy did all the sound design for the game...and he thinks I have a distinct and dope voice, so he put me on. During the sessions, I learned that I can create two pitches at one time...and I read that it's a rare talent.

It's a pretty dope game.

Checks for voice over work are nice....even better as you get more experience in that area.

http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php

Mar 22, 2004
I wouldn't pay to have your stuff placed. If a company wants to take a cut of the payment after it gets placed, that's normal, but don't pay in advance.
I've dont alot of TV work, I've never paid for placements ever. I work with the advertising company directly. Your best bet would be to try and establish a relationship with the people who collect the music for the ad agency, at least for TV. I've been wanting to get into games, but I don't have a plug!

Feb 2, 2006
^good advice man i appreciate it. how would i be able get in contact with these people? do u go to conventions and shit or what?

Mar 22, 2004
nah man I just got lucky actually. I knew an engineer who was mixing some shit for a jeep commercial and he plugged me with the people that were putting it all together and it just kinda went on from there. Now I work with a company out of Atlanta that specializes in urban advertising so they hit me for hip hop and RnB tracks for commercials. They have to submit to a company and that company runs it for the company who's advertising. Long ass chain.
There's a company called Carol H Williams in Oakland that does alot of stuff , i'd start there...http://www.carolhwilliams.com/