EMU ESI-32 and ESI 4000

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
I bought an emu esi 32 and 4000 turbo and I have some questions...

The esi-32 works perfectly fine; it came with a scsi cdrom drive and a couple of cds of samples (aside from the floppy disk samples). I love it so far. However, I can't get my padkontrol to work with it. I set the midi channel to 10 in the global settings of the esi32 but the padkontrol can't send signals or the esi32 won't recognize the signals. Anybody got any clue on whats going on here?

Second question, the ESI 4000 keeps on saying that there isn't enough memory for sampling. Also, when it starts up it says there is 0 ram. So I have no clue on whats going on with it, so I just set it aside for now.

The esi-32 rocks so far tho. I got an ART FXR in the deal too and it makes the sounds coming out of the esi-32 really spacious sounding.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
just an update:

i bought more ram, 128 mb worth of ram (for the esi4000). I'm hoping this would solve the problem. Otherwise, this piece would be the worst investment I've ever made.

On a sidenote...

with looping and the esi32...i made some of the best music i've ever made. I'll post it after I arrange the loops.

Tell me why the ESi32 sounds so amazing. Better than any softsynth i've ever used.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Usually, in older pieces of gear, midi channel 10 is reserved for drums (in some cases you can't even change it.) You should try a different channel and make sure your RX and TX (recieve and transfer) settings are correct. Your local switch may also need to be turned off/on, depending on what it is you're trying to do. Finally, you may only be able to lock both machines if you're using the proper device ID (find the ID of all the gear you're using or consult a users manual if you have one or can find one.)

I won't be of much help on this one, but what I suggest you look into may actually help you out.