CUBASE STUDIO 5!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2003
CUBASE 5!

I haven't even got version 4 warmed up yet...damn. Looks impressive!
Cubase Studio 5 – Music Production System
Boasting a wealth of new capabilities unmatched in its price range, such as VST Expression and up-to-the-minute VST3 instruments and effects, like the new Groove Agent ONE drum machine and Beat Designer step sequencer as well as the new PitchCorrect intonation effect, Cubase Studio 5 offers unsurpassed performance in its price class.

25 minute video presentationhttp://www.steinberg.net/en/products/musicproduction/cubasestudio5_product0/cubasestudio5_media0.html

May 1, 2003
and there's two versions. Cubase 5 and Cubase Studio 5. Cubase 5 is the whole pie. go for that one. Studio 5 is a slimmed down version judging from the prices.

Feb 2, 2006
ive tried every daw i could get my hands on including sonar, reaper, saw studio, acid, soundforge, ableton live, etc. in my opinion nothing is as smooth as cubase or pro tools. the rest are a joke to me. most of them didnt even work correctly when i tried to load certian vsts and froze up.

reaper is the best out of that bunch though imo but its too barebones

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
ive tried every daw i could get my hands on including sonar, reaper, saw studio, acid, soundforge, ableton live, etc. in my opinion nothing is as smooth as cubase or pro tools. the rest are a joke to me. most of them didnt even work correctly when i tried to load certian vsts and froze up.

reaper is the best out of that bunch though imo but its too barebones
The Thing About reaper it may be simple but it works, and from what Ive only heard that it is not CPU intensive, requires no dongles, specific hardware, compatible with all sorts of shit. Most impressive is the reputaion of their customer support. i heard that someone had a complaint of a lack of a certain feature..posted on the forum and hours later there was an update.. my friend uses that to track and mix his beats to via MPC4000 and Miko and i think he may record vocals as well...then mixes in pro-tools. He had an HD system fairly recently, but wasnt really using all of it.

May 1, 2003
The Thing About reaper it may be simple but it works, and from what Ive only heard that it is not CPU intensive, requires no dongles, specific hardware, compatible with all sorts of shit. Most impressive is the reputaion of their customer support. i heard that someone had a complaint of a lack of a certain feature..posted on the forum and hours later there was an update.. my friend uses that to track and mix his beats to via MPC4000 and Miko and i think he may record vocals as well...then mixes in pro-tools. He had an HD system fairly recently, but wasnt really using all of it.
I looks like a cool program. versions 4 and 5 of cubase are much nicer to the CPU than previous versions. That's what they say any way. I'll give Reaper a fair try tonight. I have some sample editing to do. All I have ever ran was Cubase and Adobe Audition. Tried a few different things and always came back. Sonar looks like it has matured some.

May 1, 2003

it's a keeper! I brought my music pc to work. Fuckin with it right now.