Compatability question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I seen someone advertising a Digi 002 control surface/interface for a pretty good price. Will i encounter any problems with this if i bought it with my new computer witha 64 bit OS? I don't wanna spend a bunch of money from a private party and have the shit not work right and get stuck with a unit that is a big paperweight. thanks in advance

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
The digi answers basically answered my question about protools 8 running on a 64 bit system, says its incompattable at this time. I will most liklet be running with sonar 8 after the press i seen about it being basically designed around the i7 chip and being the only 64 bit system.

Couldn't find any answers on the audio interfaces though. If the software is good to go should the interfaces have any issues? I'm really leery on the tascam because i've heard stuff about it having proplems on systems with more than 4 gigs of ram.

can you shoot me that link Hersey? Which thread are you talking about? I'm guessing it was pretty recient.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
The digi answers basically answered my question about protools 8 running on a 64 bit system, says its incompattable at this time. I will most liklet be running with sonar 8 after the press i seen about it being basically designed around the i7 chip and being the only 64 bit system.

Couldn't find any answers on the audio interfaces though. If the software is good to go should the interfaces have any issues? I'm really leery on the tascam because i've heard stuff about it having proplems on systems with more than 4 gigs of ram.

can you shoot me that link Hersey? Which thread are you talking about? I'm guessing it was pretty recient.
This is what I think he was talking about.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=200560

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=62234

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=165760

3 links with over 1,000 pages devoted to the topic. Go there, hit the search engine, click on advanced, type in "dell" and see what you come up with.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Hardware and software drivers are two seperate things. However, from what I've read, the most current digi asio drivers allow you to use sonar without your cpu's taking a hit. However, I do not run sonar and have no way to verify this, so you should once again hit the duc, search or make a post.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I've found a cheaper solution to fit my current needs, save myself the hassle of buying used and risk any problems. I'm gonna fuck with the Behringer BCF2000 compact mixing control surfaces, you can daisy chain with motorized faders all for under 200 bucks a pop I can just use the mackie hui control on one two of these and i'll be cookin. I'll spend the big money on a higher quality audio interface when i get to the point that I'll have the need to record outside the box. I'm only making beats right now no need for overkill at this point if i can get what i want at a modest price. I'm pretty sure with updated drivers these will work with any DAW, its all midi data anyways