Comp recording / Mic Jack? question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2004
Im trying to get my new comp set to record I use Acid Ive been doin this for 10 years on my comp we lace mixtape shit and dubb our ruff cuts at home then the keepers go 2 the ugio,Usually It works gravity my dude Land Mine recorded his ALBUM like this and It really sounded decent,
but this time Im getting really bad sound quality It almost sounds like the mic jack is dirty or sumthin? My home boy said its the sound card and I know Its not the mic because Ive used the mic @ other spot and its good?
Should i get a new sound card? O Im using ACID PRO If that makes a difference maybe its a setting there or sumthin????
Any suggestions or help would be great!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Thats the same file posted twice, and simply saying check 1 and check 2 with or without music doesn't begin to address the problem. Go back in and record yourself reading, talking or rapping for at least a couple of bars. No eq, no compression, no fx, no normalizing. Nothing. After you do that re up the track and don't put any music behind it.

In any event, the program itself is not the problem. The problem may be your interface/sound card, routing misconfigurations on your part, 60 cycle hum, faulty cable and possibly your mic even though you said it isn't the mic.