Best VST(i) for Rap Beats?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
Today's Rap utilizes pretty much any type of synth sounds. It just kind of depends on what sound your going for.

A lot of synths that are specialized or catered for EDM (Electronic Dance Music) can be used for Hiphop as well these days.

Pretty much any synth that can make a Trance sawtooth lead or something like a monophonic moog style lead or bass.

The best IMO are: Minimonsta, V-Station, Vanguard, Surge, Poly Ana, Sylenth1, Gladiator, Discovery Pro, Synth1, Z3ta+, Pro 53....

DjTre

Sicc OG
Aug 9, 2009
thanks. i needed a list like that. i actually have a couple of those synths.

Cuz im originally i Krump producer and a ...Hip-Rock producer, but im tryna study rap slappers so can start doin them. are there any other common instruments to use? vst(i)s?

besides synths.

Nov 14, 2002
DjTre,i think what you looking for are some "hiphop loops" mayne.cause you can take just about any sound and use it into a "hophop" beat if you use it right.if you going through sounds and cant find something to work with then playing sounds fresh out the vst or keyboard just isnt for you.try sampling or something.

Mar 11, 2004
CAN ANY1 GIVE ME SUM IDEAS FOR PRO TOOLS INSTRUMENTS? I USE REASON4 NOW BUT ID LIKE TO USE MY PT TO MAKE THE BEATS..I LIKE THAT G-FUNK OLD WESTCOAST TYPE BEAT..AND I NEED SUM HELP WIT GOOT INSTRUMENTS FOR RnB I GOT A LADY THATS BEEN ASKIN BOUT SUM

Oct 20, 2008
If you got reason you should be square, you can do just about anything beat wise in that program. Or go to the propellerhead website and buy some sounds. Google is your friend man.

Aug 9, 2009
thanks for the tips.

I never came across some of the vsts ya'll mentioned so ima check them out. BTW, i just recently got Purity and im loving the sounds in it, I guess just because all the reverb makes it sound hella better, lol. but ya, im lovin purity.

if anyone wants to check out my beats: http://www.myspace.com/djtrems

I make krump beats. still wanta learn how to do Rap beats better though, not only the sounds but i guess i needa know how to sequence it better. Im too used to Krump. I guess i can sample just fine doing Hip-Hop beats but modern rap beats is what i wanta get better at.

Mar 11, 2004
thanks for the tips.

I never came across some of the vsts ya'll mentioned so ima check them out. BTW, i just recently got Purity and im loving the sounds in it, I guess just because all the reverb makes it sound hella better, lol. but ya, im lovin purity.

if anyone wants to check out my beats: http://www.myspace.com/djtrems

I make krump beats. still wanta learn how to do Rap beats better though, not only the sounds but i guess i needa know how to sequence it better. Im too used to Krump. I guess i can sample just fine doing Hip-Hop beats but modern rap beats is what i wanta get better at.
my boy does montages..for his MW2 account...how much for the beat if we was to use it just for a youtube video?

Aug 9, 2009
you guys can use it for free. But my friend's uncle is gonna use it for a montage too. so you can use it after them. So ill send it to you later and just make sure to credit me =)

more of my beats are eventually going to be thrown on a krump beat youtube account anyways for promo so all kinds of people are going to get their hand on them for free eventually, somehow....
which is why i have tags all over my tracks. yee

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
^ I just youtube Krump, all you need is more boom bap to those synths and they will be more mainstream. But I kinda of like electro/industrial hard shit...

I say whatever your using right now is fine, just sequence the drums, or find some breaks to sample. Maybe sample some tracks and chop them. Overall they cool tracks