Beats by Dre Headphones...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2004
Anyone have these, or heard them personally?
I just got some off craigslist and I'm kinda mad I spent my money on these.
I thought they were gonna be able to be used in the studio, something I can make tracks, possibly use as a mix reference, but man... I kinda hate them lol

Maybe theyre cool for everyday Ipod listening or something, but I really took them out, played a few tracks and boxed them back up.
If anyone wants the plug, I'll let em go for 150, that's like half off.

Mar 22, 2004
What didnt you like about em
just wasnt what I thought they were gonna be I guess.
I actually plugged them up to an Ipod a while ago and i guess they're cool for that, but not for studio headphones. Even tho they weren't marketed as studio headphones, I guess I figured since them shits cost so much and Dre is pushin them they'd be good enough to make beats in at least. But they're not.
Like dude said, they're just average headphones, not anything special.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I saw them at best buy and tried them on, didn't seem like good studio headphones. real heavy on the low end and the design would hurt your ears and head after extended use. They are decent for just listening to music but Definatly not worth what they are charging for those things. In like 6 months they will be giving those away for 50 bucks.

Apr 5, 2004
they're advertised all over the media ... i knew they werent good for the studio off top thas why i went witht the ultrasone pro 750 , u can git em for the same price off ebay and they are the best headphones ive ever heard, perfect for mixin down, u shoulda gone wit the german company mane, u know germans make good stuff@!! lol

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
how are they compared to the 150$ bose headphones? i really like those for just plain listening, not great for the studio but damn they sound good with an mp3 player. are they at least that good?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
if i'm gonna spend a decent amount of money on headphones they will be specifically designed for studio use. The beats by dre cans is just a cheesy marketing ploy

Apr 26, 2006
Tried them out at BestBuy, wasn't too impressed. I believe they use batteries too. :ermm:

Fuck that, I'll stick to my Sony cans and they were just $100 when I bought them a while back. Their just the MDR-V600's, but atleast their designed for studio use and comfortable to wear for a long periods of time.

You should of hit up guitar center or bestbuy's musician's section.

Dr. Dre won and you lost. haha j/k

Mar 22, 2004
MY BOY GOT SOME OF THEM. YOUR CRAZY BRO!!!! THEY REALLY MAKE THAT MUCH DIFFERENT. ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE PLAYBACK WHEN RECORDIN
i don't understand what you mean, playback when recording?
I'm not saying they sound bad like the quality of sound is horrible, they just aren't accurate for what I needed them for, making tracks and mix referencing. The noise cancelation is cool, never heard the Bose one's but I imagine their more along the lines of those.

yeah and batteries for DJ headphones isn't very smart.. Suck if your shit died at the club

Jan 2, 2007
yeah and batteries for DJ headphones isn't very smart.. Suck if your shit died at the club

Or in the studio halfway through your track at 2 in the morning hella buzzed with no ride to 7-11 or any normal fukin headphones.. I've seen that happen a couple times..batteries in headphones wasn't a great idea..

Mar 11, 2004
i was looking at the site they made for these and all the pics it has of famous ppl wearing them..if they in a studio its a music video and probably aint even in use.. the rest of the pics look like they usin them for listenting purposes only..dont look like they were made for the studio to begin wit..they look good i like the design...but fuk paying for dres name unless he gunna come in and help wit a track