Anyone have an Alesis micron?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I've been looking into getting an intro level synth, something not too expensive. Looking for suggestions. This piece sounds pretty feature packed for the price, my second choice would be one of those microkorg XLs but the price is a little too high. I'd love that new Roland Gaias but im really not trying to spend more than 400 bucks, seems like the logical choice or the old school microkorg

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
the miniak, same price as the mircon and the microkorg looks kinda lame in comparison though. seems like vsts are the way to go nowadays unless you have the bread to spend on a virus or something like that

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
yeah, it's better to not waste money in the upgrade process. It's better to get exactly what you want rather than to get what you can afford. imo. Softsynths are as good as or better than those entry level modeling synths.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I use to play in a live electronic band (mstrkft-ish beats), and have experience with both microkorg, and the micron.

I personally liked the micron more because it sounded phat, and had pretty sick leads. It was also easy to use - sounds seemed more update version of a virtual analog - the microkorg was more gritty and modeled more of a old school analog.

I've been a hardware head, and i think VST's have finally caught up with hardware. The thing the hardware has over vst is its reliability. You turn it on, and it works every-time, no need to route midi channels ect ect.... I think the two can really compliment each other.

i think with the maschiene update you can sequence any hardware to now... so if the next upgrade of komplete works with it, u will have a full blown setup with hardware, vst and mpc style beat sequencing.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^ maschine does have midi out and 1.6 will have vst support and the ability for it to read all the inputs of your interface I hope they add rewire support too. They are supposed to add more outs to it too. I don't really like using it as a plug in though I put all my scenes together and drag and drop the audio in logic for final touch mixing

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I don't know if you got it yet, but wait for plug in support, and just get a keyboard controller... I think vst's that model the virus, korg legacy, memory moon and fm8 would more portable and just as good sound - not better and way more sounds

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I can't wait, I have analog factory experience and was looking into a new VST and an effects bundle. Im hoping they have the plug ins default to maschines knobs, that shit would be insane.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I can't wait, I have analog factory experience and was looking into a new VST and an effects bundle. Im hoping they have the plug ins default to maschines knobs, that shit would be insane.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I can't wait, I have analog factory experience and was looking into a new VST and an effects bundle. Im hoping they have the plug ins default to maschines knobs, that shit would be insane. any word when its supposed to drop? they are laggin