112dB Redline Monitor (Monitor Simulation for Headphones)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
Check this out, this plugin simulates how near field monitors will sound in your headphones. This is awesome for those that stick mainly to using the cans. I personally do because I don't want to make noise at night.

Redline Monitor is a listening, mixing, and mastering tool. It replaces the extreme stereo separation that is characteristic for headphones with the detailed stereo image of near-field monitor speakers.

Its proprietary algorithm performs a sophisticated combination of filtering, frequency-dependent delaying, mid/side processing, and room simulation to create a convincing acoustic soundstage that allows you to properly localize sound sources. It also adjusts the relative levels of panned sources as they appear on speakers, and moves the soundstage from an indeterminate location inside your head (with headphones) towards a clearly defined location in front of you.

Now you can accurately judge levels, stereo placement, and overall balance on your favorite set of headphones--anywhere, anytime, and without ear fatigue even after prolonged listening. No more night long headphone sessions that turn out lifeless and with too little reverb and separation on speakers. Redline Monitor makes mixes sound identical on speakers and headphones.

Redline Monitor is an indispensable tool for any serious use of headphones... you will wonder how you ever worked without it.
http://www.112db.com/redline/monitor/

Sounds pretty genius if you ask me. Seems like an awesome tool to have. Should help a lot with mixing.

Apr 26, 2006
Try it out cuzzo. They offer a free 60 day trial. Get it and then post your findings. :)
I just did. All you guys gotta try it out. It's very pleasant to the ear. This is going to help so much with ear fatigue, aside from helping with mixing.

It's a nice flat, tight, in your face feel. And being a VST, it's easy to switch it on and off if you need that reference.

Nov 14, 2002
i was fuckin with it last night and that thing is dope! it bring the music right in your face and not hard left and hard right like headphones do.you just gotta remember to turn it off before bouncing down or your music will sound a lot like a mono file.

Apr 26, 2006
i was fuckin with it last night and that thing is dope! it bring the music right in your face and not hard left and hard right like headphones do.you just gotta remember to turn it off before bouncing down or your music will sound a lot like a mono file.
True, it'll be pretty dumb to leave it turned on when bouncing down. haha

It's just a listening device, but it makes a major difference in how you listen to your music. Therefore helping you with your mixing and not getting as fatigued. :cool: