writer's block

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 14, 2003
Haven't written in like a month, hard to get back into it and shit, i don't know if it's cause i'm just focused on recording the songs i do have written, or what. what yall do when you get writer's block?

May 26, 2007
walk away for a moment and take your mind off of what your writing about and then return to it...sometimes i notice if im reading over and over again about something it gets old in my mind and non exciting so find something else to do completely diff and then return and it should give you a diff angle u havent seen before...

Apr 25, 2002
walk away for a moment and take your mind off of what your writing about and then return to it...sometimes i notice if im reading over and over again about something it gets old in my mind and non exciting so find something else to do completely diff and then return and it should give you a diff angle u havent seen before...
Good advice.

There's not much you can do to get rid of writer's block aside from taking some time away from writing. Do not even attempt to write something for several weeks and your mind might become refreshed. It's worked for me before.

May 26, 2007
yes...you as well as anyone else that writes know's this....i never like to read too much work from others too as i never want another persons flow or style of writing to corrupt what i turn out...