AUDIO:jus recorded this verse check it out

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 23, 2007
new verse.wav - 2.40MB

in case u wanna read along....

im just curious, are all you fags serious
am i really hearin this, its makin me delirious
yall sum fuckin peasants, im sittin on the throne
got the crown on my head, sippin on patron
ya bitch is lickin on the bone, i aint kissin on the phone
i aint no sucka, ask that man inside the hearse
my bars so hot u can get branded by the verse
suckas seen me in th streets so they ran inside the church
man im so fuckin high, i gotta birds eye view
im the shit but i aint fuckin tird like you
my bitch got brains she gotta nerds IQ
my bitch got brains she gotta nerds IQ
when i battle my opponent i look him in his face
put in work wit these bars n straight put him in his place

Apr 25, 2002
Aside from the quality, it wasn't bad. The ending sounded like it shouldn't have ended that way though. Like if somebody cut off the vocals or something. Keep doing your thing, it's always nice to hear others spit.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
Beat selection was 100.

Delivery still needs work. Needs more swag to it. Practice only makes it better, so the more you can do, the better you`ll get.

Also need to learn to count bars better. That was 14, instead of 16. That`s why it sounded like it got cut off to Fatal because it needed 2 more.

The lyrical content seemed alright to me. When I read it, I was curious how it would sound. The main thing is locking down the delivery. Learn to emphasize emotion. Key factor.

Apr 25, 2002
Also need to learn to count bars better. That was 14, instead of 16. That`s why it sounded like it got cut off to Fatal because it needed 2 more.
This is true and I didn't even notice it, but I think the main reason it sounded cut off is because of the way he delivered the end of the 14th bar - it sounded like he was gonna continue. You can end a verse at any bar and as long as its delivered like it was supposed to end there, then it will still sound OK. Most rappers will drag the last few words, signifying the end of the verse.

Oct 23, 2007
thanx 4 the feedback....yea i know it was 14 bars but i got stuck n was like fuck it this is coo ill jus record like this lol....yea i kinda hold back when theres people around when im recording im more comfortable when im recording alone...yea i thot it sounded cutoff too but fuckin sound recorder only records 60 seconds so i couldnt even fit 2 more bars haha

Apr 25, 2002
I feel you bro. I think everyone gets a little nervous or embarrassed when they first start spitting into the mic with people around. You'll get more comfortable the more you do it. As for the sound recorder cutting you off.. You should use Audacity to record. It's free and easy to use.

CNI

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2007
This is true and I didn't even notice it, but I think the main reason it sounded cut off is because of the way he delivered the end of the 14th bar - it sounded like he was gonna continue. You can end a verse at any bar and as long as its delivered like it was supposed to end there, then it will still sound OK. Most rappers will drag the last few words, signifying the end of the verse.
Sometimes you can get away with ending a verse early. It depends how the verse is written, where the 'closure' is, and how the beat rides.

The best bet in this situation would have been to chop off 2 bars to make it sound complete. But I do agree that the ending has to sound like the end. It`s just like writing an article almost. If you miss your punctuation and use a coma instead of a period, it doesn`t close the sentence. The end of a verse needs to have that "period" emphasized to show closure.

But that`s a part of practicing delivery. The more it`s done, the better it will become.

Apr 25, 2002
yea i used to use acid pro but my computer got fucked up n had to reboot n i lost it im try to download it again
If you can't find a copy, just get Audacity. I don't really fuck with it because I generally use Pro Tools, Audition or Cubase, but it's free and people say it's a good program. I've messed around with it a few times and it's kinda like an easy-to-use, stripped-down version of the programs I mentioned above. Of course, all you need to do is find a torrent site and search for whatever program you prefer (with the exception of Pro Tools because you'll need hardware) and you should be good to go.