so clayton kershaw turned down $300 million

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 2, 2006
he was gonna make $30 million a year. baseball needs to limit these contracts to $100 million max. no need to overpay players or give them 10 year contracts. just do the year to year contracts. if u do great that year then the player would get a reasonable 25% raise. players shouldnt hold teams hostage over money

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I don't know breh, its the players that win division league and world series titles. The owners sign a 7 billion dollar tv contract with Time Warner, the people watching the games are watching them to watch the players not the owners. If I won a Cy Young award and the owners pimping me out to Time Warner for billions, I think I would want a big chunk of that money. The franchise is valued near a couple billion of itself. The players playing the game don't deserve exploitation, they deserve their due compensation.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2006
The problem is, they fall off after they receive big ass contracts, the majority of players fall off like they're on vacation until their contract is up.

those 2 bums josh hamilton and albert pujols are examples of this. in the run up to being way overpaid both of them roided up. the angels are stuck with those 2 gigantic failures of baseball contracts. hamiltons contract expires in 4 years and i think alberts contract is gonna strangle the angels finances for 9 more years. both of them are on an extended vacation for the next couple years until free agent time starts up. then the roids cycle will start all over again. hopefully when that rolls around no team will overpay for 2 washed up over the hill players

Props: CHAPO GUZMAN
Nov 24, 2003
he was gonna make $30 million a year. baseball needs to limit these contracts to $100 million max. no need to overpay players or give them 10 year contracts. just do the year to year contracts. if u do great that year then the player would get a reasonable 25% raise. players shouldnt hold teams hostage over money

No they don't. General Manager, Presidents and Owners just need to learn how to manage payrolls. If they can't then fuck em.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
pitchers are different, theres a lot more wear and tear and the likelihood you'll need surgeries is pretty high. let him get his money, he was only on a two year 19 million contract and is possibly one of the best pitchers right now. great pitchers are guaranteed wins in the bag. with 162 games a year you need every single win you can get

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
That also depends on the manager, if he leaves him in too long... could fuck him over long term(Dusty Baker is great at this)

He's gonna get paid regardless... Incentive-laden contracts are usually better. Guess who eats the costs of these contracts? the fans, raised ticket prices, concessions are always rape prices. Giants games = 7 dollar hotdog, 10-12 dollar beers, 6 dollar fries, 6 dollar water I can get for 1-2 dollars at 7 Eleven, Philly Cheese steak for 12 that's smaller than a 6 inch sub at Subway.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
That also depends on the manager, if he leaves him in too long... could fuck him over long term(Dusty Baker is great at this)

He's gonna get paid regardless... Incentive-laden contracts are usually better. Guess who eats the costs of these contracts? the fans, raised ticket prices, concessions are always rape prices. Giants games = 7 dollar hotdog, 10-12 dollar beers, 6 dollar fries, 6 dollar water I can get for 1-2 dollars at 7 Eleven, Philly Cheese steak for 12 that's smaller than a 6 inch sub at Subway.
so true u gotta bring a bill jus to have a few beers an a hot dog now days

Feb 2, 2006
u can just watch the game for free at home and the meal and beer costs like $20 at most for a 12 pack and some hamburger patties. no wonder why so many stadiums are half empty if not more. fans are tired of overpaying bums on losing teams and baseball players in general. the yankees regime cant even sell out the $2500 a game seats by home plate. whenever sportscenter shows yankees highlights theres like 2 people in that section

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
^^^..thats weak salsa!,lol...and i heard he turned it down cuz he wants to test the market!..

..next stop,...ANAHEIM!!!!!! lol