Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Lets see, what would I rather have? To stomp a team that was projected to winning the division, by not only most of their faggot fans, but the whole nation? Or to beat an already banged up team that was surely on the decline?

I think I'll take beating a team that was projected on winning the division, which most 9er fans said they would dominate.

Back in your cage, faggot.

Aug 24, 2003
how in the fuck do we still have a chance at going to the playoffs at this point? LOL

fuck it, next week is the superbowl to me, i wanna see the seahawks win this shit AND win a playoff game or two. i know itd be like putting a shiny bow on a pile of shit but i still got hope... lol

Feb 14, 2004
Seattle, WR Mike Williams agree to 3-year deal

RENTON, Wash. -- One-time bust Mike Williams has found a home in Seattle. And instead of testing free agency, Williams decided sticking around with the Seahawks was the better move.

Williams and the Seahawks announced agreement on a three-year contract extension on Monday. The deal was finalized over the weekend before Seattle beat St. Louis to win the NFC West and become the first sub-.500 division champion in league history.

"I'm happy to be a part of the beginning. I can't really put into words," Williams said. "I'm very blessed."

It's been a banner season for Williams, who spent the previous two years out of the NFL. The former first-round pick finished the regular season with a career-best 65 catches for 751 yards and two touchdowns, including the only TD scored in Sunday night's 16-6 division-clinching win over the Rams.

When Williams arrived in Seattle last April as a free-agent flier, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll seemed to be giving him a chance as a favor to a former USC player; it seemed unlikely this would be the end result.

But Williams proved worthy through his work in the offseason, eventually making Seattle comfortable enough to cut T.J. Houshmandzadeh and make Williams its starting receiver. He quickly became a favorite target of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, posting three games with 10 or more catches this season.

"I always felt like I needed to be loyal to coach Carroll. He gave me the opportunity," Williams said. "Obviously there was some excitement about free agency and the possibilities but I knew I wanted to be here and if we could get close to where I wanted to be I was going to make it happen."

Williams said the idea of an extension was first broached around midseason. Williams and his representatives wanted to delay moving forward, but the Seahawks wanted to get a deal done and not risk Williams becoming a free agent. Williams signed a one-year deal with Seattle for the 2010 season with a base salary of $545,000. Financial details of his extension were not released.

Carroll said Williams' deal is proof that there are rewards for hard work in the Seahawks system.

"It's a statement that Mike has come back for real that he is to the point where he has instilled the confidence in us to keep him around for a good while," Carroll said. "And he's still just getting started."

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_fbn_seahawks_williams.html

Feb 14, 2004
Seeking tickets to see Seahawks in the playoffs? Win the lottery

Looking for tickets to Saturday's playoff game? Tired of dealing with Craigslist listings?

Maybe the lottery is more your speed.

The Washington State Lottery has 40 tickets to see the Seahawks at Qwest Field Saturday, and they're giving them away to Powerball players outside the stadium Team Store Friday starting at 10 am. You have to buy a $10 Powerball ticket to be eligible for the drawing, and lottery officials say they're expecting a big turnout.

The details are posted here.

There's also a second-chance drawing: Buying four $5 "Seahawks" scratch tickets gives you a chance to win a pair of club-level seats for Saturday's game.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/234661.asp

Feb 14, 2004
Carroll says Seahawks want Hasselbeck back

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll said Wednesday the Seahawks would like to bring quarterback Matt Hasselbeck back for the 2011 season.

Asked directly about Hasselbeck's future with the franchise during his weekly press conference, Carroll said the team would like to do "everything we can" to have Hasselbeck return for an 11th season with the franchise.

"We don't know the timelines or how that's going to work out, and all that kind of stuff, but that's a big issue for us that we're looking forward to. He's had a terrific run for us and we want to see what we can do to keep that going," Carroll said.

Seattle plays at Chicago on Sunday in the NFC divisional playoff.

Hasselbeck's current contract with Seattle was signed before the start of the 2005 season and followed by Hasselbeck leading Seattle to its only Super Bowl appearance. That contract expires at the end of this season.

Hasselbeck's first season with Carroll has been a series of ups and downs, getting booed off the field less than a month ago, countered by the highs of last Saturday's 41-36 upset of New Orleans to open the NFC playoffs in one of Hasselbeck's finest performances.

Hasselbeck threw for 272 yards and a career playoff-high four touchdowns in engineering the Seahawks' upset of the defending Super Bowl champions. He threw TD passes of 7 and 11 yards to tight end John Carlson, 45 yards to Brandon Stokley and 38 yards to Mike Williams.

It was a stark contrast to his previous start at home in Week 15 against Atlanta when Hasselbeck was booed off the field and eventually replaced in the third quarter by backup Charlie Whitehurst. Whitehurst also started the season finale against St. Louis and led Seattle to a 16-6 victory that clinched the NFC West title and a playoff spot for the Seahawks.

Hasselbeck walked off the field on Saturday to rousing cheers with his daughters at his side and his son, Henry, propped up on his shoulders.

"It was a great experience winning the game and then having them down on the field was special," he said.

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/2020ap_fbn_seahawks_hasselbeck.html

Feb 14, 2004
Tatupu's condition looks 'very favorable' for him to play Sunday

RENTON – Lofa Tatupu's status looks "very favorable" for him to play on Sunday against the Bears, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said, but the concussed linebacker will sit out Wednesday's practice.

"He's going through the walkthroughs and stuff," Carroll said. "So far, his tests and everything have gone very well. It looks very favorable for him to play in this game."

Tatupu left Seattle's win over the Saints last week with a concussion late in the fourth quarter.

Receiver Ben Obomanu dislocated his shoulder in that game, though he returned to finish the game and is expected to practice Wednesday.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/235422.asp