The Siccness Network

Go Back   The Siccness Network > >

Sports Center »» Discussions on the NBA, NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL, etc...

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #9941
clutch city kid
Sicc OG

Propped 375 Times in 237 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by StillHustlin View Post
Will this be a good acquisition?

from msn:
Luke Joeckel, OL, Jaguars
Joeckel was a complete mess at both tackle and guard for the Jaguars the past four years, missing a total of 25 games in that span. He struggled in pass protection, wasn’t a dominant run blocker and failed to stay healthy in two of his first four seasons. All this after going second overall in 2013.
The Seahawks are giving him a chance to revive his career with a one-year, $8 million contract, but there’s no guarantee he’ll improve at this point. Joeckel will get the opportunity to reclaim his place as an NFL left tackle in Seattle, but he needs to improve dramatically to get to that point.
Perhaps Russell Wilson’s escapability and elusiveness will mask Joeckel’s inefficiencies and lower his number of sacks allowed.

I guess the Hawks are desperate, I think there were better lineman thay could have scooped up

first off we paid too much for him, flat out paid too damn much and that part still confuses me... he wasnt being heavily pursued by any other teams, yes there was interest but not enough for his agent to leverage a deal like that... this move has Tom Cable written all over it lol people forget how much pull he has as not just the OL coach but the assistant head coach as well... hes the type of guy Cable loves, someone that has shown ability but is still raw, Cable loves to mold guys his way and not have to really deal with changing other things that NFL OC coaches have taught them, he prefers guys who are willing to basically start all over and trust in him that he will do whats right for them... whether its right or its wrong, its just the way he does things, its why we dont go for long term vets from other teams and if we do they dont end up sticking around very long or they end up struggling... Joeckl actually played more than decent at guard before he got hurt this last time around, he really didnt look bad at all, left tackle is where he struggled and i dont think he will be playing that position for us with Cables love affair with Fant still being a real thing... if health allows him then i think he will be an above average contributor on our OL and thats really all we can ask at this point, someone competent, willing to do whatever Cable says to play within our zone blocking system and be able to switch to man to man when we go to that as well, and a guy that has something to prove who will be playing with a chip on his shoulder... he checks all those boxes... i think by the middle of the season our OL, if healthy, will be better than expected... we wont be world class by any means lol but we will be serviceable and thats all we really need ... cant wait for football season!!!
clutch city kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 08:48 AM   #9942
Tank-locc
Sicc OG

Propped 290 Times in 144 Posts
Guy was talented coming out, but just never put it together in Nfl.

I do remember some scouts saying he had bust potential... when will Sea got a dominant line for Russel Wilson? He does a heck of alot to make their line look better
Old 07-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #9943
clutch city kid
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Tank-locc View Post
Guy was talented coming out, but just never put it together in Nfl.

I do remember some scouts saying he had bust potential... when will Sea got a dominant line for Russel Wilson? He does a heck of alot to make their line look better

people tend to forget that when we won the Super Bowl our OL was the most expensive in the NFL... we completely went away from that though and its been frustrating as hell... i think we got some surprises this year tho, i wouldnt be shocked to see Oday Aboushi make his way to the starting lineup if we struggle early on OL and hes got that mean streak in him, the type i want on our OL in the red zone trying to pound the ball in for 6 points... him and Glow seem to like to get real mean down on the 1 and 2 yard line ive noticed
Old 08-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #9944
Fucky McFuckerson
Sicc OG

Propped 9,117 Times in 3,251 Posts
Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by clutch city kid View Post
people tend to forget that when we won the Super Bowl our OL was the most expensive in the NFL... we completely went away from that though and its been frustrating as hell... i think we got some surprises this year tho, i wouldnt be shocked to see Oday Aboushi make his way to the starting lineup if we struggle early on OL and hes got that mean streak in him, the type i want on our OL in the red zone trying to pound the ball in for 6 points... him and Glow seem to like to get real mean down on the 1 and 2 yard line ive noticed
Technically it was the 2nd most expensive, but point taken...
Fucky McFuckerson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following Users Gave Props To Fucky McFuckerson:
Old 08-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #9945
clutch city kid
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Fucky McFuckerson View Post
Technically it was the 2nd most expensive, but point taken...

most expensive in the NFC???
Old 08-07-2017, 06:58 AM   #9946
Fucky McFuckerson
Sicc OG

Quote:
most expensive in the NFC???
Eagles had the most expensive that year.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:24 AM   #9947
clutch city kid
Sicc OG

Quote:
Quote Originally Posted by Fucky McFuckerson View Post
Eagles had the most expensive that year.

i guess im thinking 2013 lol... i just looked up the Eagles line and they were not the most expensive in 2013 or 2014

Offensive Line Spending by Cap Dollars | Spotrac
Old 08-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #9948
Fucky McFuckerson
Sicc OG

Quote:
i guess im thinking 2013 lol... i just looked up the Eagles line and they were not the most expensive in 2013 or 2014

Offensive Line Spending by Cap Dollars | Spotrac
The NFL’s 10 Most Expensive Offensive Lines
Old 08-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #9949
StillHustlin
FROM DUSK TIL DAWN

Propped 5,760 Times in 2,638 Posts
damn

Carroll confirms Malik McDowell sustained ‘multiple injuries,’ concussion in accident

Carroll confirms Malik McDowell sustained ‘multiple injuries,’ concussion in accident
StillHustlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #9950
2-0-Sixx
Sicc OG

Propped 28,424 Times in 10,110 Posts
Send a message via MSN to 2-0-Sixx
kasen williams man. Dude looks like the best WR on the field. What a great pick up he was, Dude is catching EVERYTHING and it's been with the starters.

Is there really any reason to keep Kearse at this point?