Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I expect some very good DL draft picks come April. I know its a pipe dream, but it may be worth it for Pete to trade 3 of his draft picks to move up to a top 10 pick. Bjoern Werner is an absolute NIGHTMARE off the edge, and the scary thing is he hasnt even topped off his potential yet (came here from Germany, only a few years of organized football under his belt).

Sep 15, 2009
A @AdamS chefter: And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode.

I didn't want him to end up in SF because he wants big money and because of his injury history, but Seattle is not where I want him to end up either lol

Props: Tony

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I agree with this not being a good move for seattle, theres alot of other needs, now they gotta pay for his big contract he wants

Nov 24, 2003
Shneider and PC have shown that they dont need 1st round picks to find 1st round talent. Dont sweat it, they will find someone nice in the 3rd or 4th.

They have that is true, but I just don't count on them being able to that EVERY time.

I am crossing my fingers they can do it again, but I am admittedly nervous.

I mean I would have been happy if they had used their 1st round pick on a "sure thing" pass rush and then supplemented that with a hidden gem pass rusher in the 4th or 5th. Then the odds would definitely be in our favor that one of the two would be solid.

Nov 24, 2003
There more i think about it the more i like it. Seattle needs a home run hitter. 25th pick in the first round likely wouldn't get you a top pass rusher. They are building to score.

What I would have really liked to see them do is package our 25th pick and Flynn to someone like the Jets at 9 to try and move down to secure a top guy.

I am hoping we can still do the same thing with Flynn and our 2nd rounder to get back into the first.

I still like the Percy move though because he is game changer, and if he were to theoretically go back in the draft this year, I am sure he would go much higher than 25.

May 9, 2002
They have that is true, but I just don't count on them being able to that EVERY time.

I am crossing my fingers they can do it again, but I am admittedly nervous.

I mean I would have been happy if they had used their 1st round pick on a "sure thing" pass rush and then supplemented that with a hidden gem pass rusher in the 4th or 5th. Then the odds would definitely be in our favor that one of the two would be solid.
Well, look at it this way. They chose a pass rusher in the first round last year and he got 8 sacks...but only in 6 of 16 games. Thats as about as inefficient as you can get. Yes, Irvin was a reach, so maybe it doesnt count. But its relative to what PC and Co will do. They did it with Carpenter as well.

May 9, 2002
I agree with this not being a good move for seattle, theres alot of other needs, now they gotta pay for his big contract he wants
Why not? They are so far under the the cap right now that they have room. Dont worry about the numbers, they will work out. And Harvin is a potential game changer. He is the missing link in this offense IMHO. He stretches the field in a major way.

Feb 14, 2004
You can't always rely on first round picks, though. And we can't rely on PC and JS picking the guy we'd hope for. Especially considering who they picked these past two drafts. So getting a proven WR in return for our first rounder is good. And he's only 24.

Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Robsinson, Percy Harvin, Sydney Ride, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Zach Miller, and a good o-line, I'm liking the looks of that O. And our D is still scary good, and one good pass rusher from being SB favorites!