THE SAN ANTONIO RAIDERS!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Exactly the reason why the team retired the number 12 in 1984. The Seahawks fan base has been making noise for their team, even in the down years. Get your facts straight and stop talking out of your ass. You're making your self look like a gotdamn idiot lol
An article from the Seattle Times itself about how the fanbase is bandwagon and fairweather and this article was before the Super Bowl, so it's probably worse now lol

Guest: Are bandwagon Seahawks fans for real? | Opinion | The Seattle Times

Like I said, nobody heard about a Seahawk fanbase for a couple decades. I've personally lived all over the country and in Europe never met one single Seahawk fan in my life. I was in the Army for 8 years from 2004-2012 which is a melting pot of people from all over America, never met one single Seahawks fan.

Meanwhile all over the world I've seen fans for the Raiders, 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Patriots, Eagles, Bears, Broncos, Chiefs, Redskins etc. all over the damn place.

Where is this supposed "greatest" fanbase in the NFL? Oh yeah they just showed up....lol

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
im not going to blame them if they move, wanna blame somebody blame the city of Oakland Davis said he'd put up 400 million or something along those lines, lets be real the coliseum is fucking garbage and stinks sometimes ( more then it don't ) if the city of Oakland don't wanna help us get a new Stadium then i don't blame him for wanting to move the team, i hit up Oakland for Raider games and when the Angels are in town, ive been to alot of Road Raider games from Denver Pit etc our Stadium is so below Avg shit even SD has a nicer stadium then us so i wont be mad if Davis leaves Oakland hopefully he can go somewhere in Nor-Cal
Why does the City of Oakland or any city for that matter owe an NFL team owner money to build a stadium? So the taxpayers can continue to be the hoes and the NFL owners can continue to be the pimps? How much revenue do the taxpayers receive from concessions, tix sales, tv contracts, etc.? Nothing. How much of the money the taxpayers spend on building these stadiums, that eventually become an empty eyesore, do they get in return? Nothing. The NFL is a tax exempt good ol boys club, that raked in a record $6 billion alone in TV revenue last year that also was tax free, yet these poor owners can't afford to build their own stadiums?

I think the public needs to look into this bullshit.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Why does the City of Oakland or any city for that matter owe an NFL team owner money to build a stadium? So the taxpayers can continue to be the hoes and the NFL owners can continue to be the pimps? How much revenue do the taxpayers receive from concessions, tix sales, tv contracts, etc.? Nothing. How much of the money the taxpayers spend on building these stadiums, that eventually become an empty eyesore, do they get in return? Nothing. The NFL is a tax exempt good ol boys club, that raked in a record $6 billion alone in TV revenue last year that also was tax free, yet these poor owners can't afford to build their own stadiums?

Yeah that's why this situation is really shitty. People in Oakland are still to this day paying taxes for the renovations done to the Coliseum and the Oracle arena back in the 90's. The city is in one of the worst financial situations in the country and have been paying for 20 years on what's now the worst stadium in the NFL and MLB and an arena the Warriors won't even be playing at anymore.

Mark Davis needs to find more investors or go somewhere else in the bay instead of expecting the city to front another $300 million.

Option on the table to play at brand new Levi's Stadium and plenty of investment groups drooling at the chance to break ground on a brand new stadium in LA. Don't know why Mark Davis don't leap at the chance at one of them.

Feb 14, 2004
An article from the Seattle Times itself about how the fanbase is bandwagon and fairweather and this article was before the Super Bowl, so it's probably worse now lol

Guest: Are bandwagon Seahawks fans for real? | Opinion | The Seattle Times

Like I said, nobody heard about a Seahawk fanbase for a couple decades. I've personally lived all over the country and in Europe never met one single Seahawk fan in my life. I was in the Army for 8 years from 2004-2012 which is a melting pot of people from all over America, never met one single Seahawks fan.

Meanwhile all over the world I've seen fans for the Raiders, 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Patriots, Eagles, Bears, Broncos, Chiefs, Redskins etc. all over the damn place.

Where is this supposed "greatest" fanbase in the NFL? Oh yeah they just showed up....lol
Of course there's no denying that an abundance of the fans are band wagoner's, but to say that the entire fan base is bandwagon is absurd. When professional teams win championships, that's when everyone wants to break out of their shell and show support. But who's to say that they can't be a fan of a team for whatever reason they choose to. I don't care about fair weather fans, if they want to all of the sudden be a fan of a team, then so be it.

What you're protesting doesn't negate the fact that the Seahawks havn't had a strong fan base since before the 2005 season. The team wouldn't retire the number 12 for no reason. They retired that number in honor of the fans. Pretty sure those teams' fans you mentioned were band wagon fans as well. Those were great teams and have good history. Seattle is making good history of their own currently, and I'd be damned if there weren't a ton of band wagoner's to go along with it. Just doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2004
Oh, and BTW, that article you posted was by a female freelance writer in the, "Opinion", section. Not even a writer for, "Seattle Times itself".

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
What you're protesting doesn't negate the fact that the Seahawks havn't had a strong fan base since before the 2005 season.
What I was protesting was Butcher saying the Seahawks had the best fan base in the NFL, that statement is laughable.

The team wouldn't retire the number 12 for no reason. They retired that number in honor of the fans.
It was a publicity stunt plain and simple, they retired the number 12 and followed that up by being one of the lowest attended teams in the NFL from 1988-2000. The Kingdome was one of the worst attended stadiums in the history of this country.

Pretty sure those teams' fans you mentioned were band wagon fans as well.
Fact is I still see those teams having fans everywhere in this country and across the globe, yet not a Seahawks fan to be found outside of the Pacific Northwest.

Oh, and BTW, that article you posted was by a female freelance writer in the, "Opinion", section. Not even a writer for, "Seattle Times itself".
and yet the "Seattle Times itself" posted the article itself, random people ain't allowed to just post random shit lol

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv

to be honest i dont thin taxpayers should have to pay for one, i think the owner and NFL should have to pay for it, i think NFL should have to pay more then the owner since NFL is making money off there name, but i also think owner should have to throw down some money as well and never expect taxpayers to even put in a penny of there money

Feb 14, 2004
What I was protesting was Butcher saying the Seahawks had the best fan base in the NFL, that statement is laughable.

It was a publicity stunt plain and simple, they retired the number 12 and followed that up by being one of the lowest attended teams in the NFL from 1988-2000. The Kingdome was one of the worst attended stadiums in the history of this country.

Fact is I still see those teams having fans everywhere in this country and across the globe, yet not a Seahawks fan to be found outside of the Pacific Northwest.

and yet the "Seattle Times itself" posted the article itself, random people ain't allowed to just post random shit lol
Well I guess we can agree to disagree. You're not going to convince me otherwise on this topic, and vice versa.

Feb 14, 2004
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I never said that. I said arguably the most passionate as in its a debatable case to be made. You sneaky word twisting bastard
Isn't being "the most passionate" fans about the team the same as being the "best" fans about the team?

Also isn't using the word "arguably as in its debatable" means you're arguing for and debating the very case? lol where was your words twisted.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
This post supported everything I've been saying about Seattle's fan base just starting to exist recently lol every single one of those things you listed were created within the last few years. Those bars you posted got converted to Seahawk fan bars within the last 4 lol

The oldest things on that list are the meet up groups, the NYC one has been around since 2006 and it's only managed 500 members in 8 years in a city of 20 million lol

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
There's no way any football franchise can say they got the most passionate fans except the steelers, I can guarantee there's a steelers bar in your state....actually, I checked, there are 4 in Seattle alone. There are always steelers fans at every steelers away game....plus as an added bonus they beat the shit out of y'all in the Super Bowl fair & square! :classic: