Quotables

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA

After being warned to stop wearing his curlers on the field:
"If I don't look good, I don't play good."
When he tried to hit every player on the Cincinnati Reds:
"We gonna get down. We gonna do the do. I’m going to hit these motherfuckers."
After he pitched a no-hitter high on LSD:
"I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the [catcher’s] glove, but I didn’t hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times.

The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn’t. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate."
On being drafted by the Pirates:
"I signed to play baseball in 1963, right after I was released from jail for stealing a car'
After drilling Reggie Jackson in his spectacled face in retaliation for a hr in the 71' all star game:
"Is he dead?"
After his career in baseball:
"I was destined to be who I am and known that throughout no matter what I did. I had a predestination to be me. I could've been in politics and still have been the same motherfucker. The same arrogant motherfucker. Charismatic individual, politician motherfucker."