POP WARNER??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
http://vimeo.com/27390216

Here is some footage of our Jamboree @ Weston Ranch High this past weekend. We started off slow, but got going with a 50 yard TD from our halfback Miles right up the middle. At about 5:01 into the video, watch my son Eric Jr. run one in from about 40 yards out. Again, we had ups and downs in the scrimmages, but held our own as we got warmed up.

http://vimeo.com/27390216

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
My son is out for two weeks stress fracture in his foot hurt it training for the Nationals explains why he didn't do as good went to practice last week everything fine. Did sprints blew everyone on the team away and after practice said his foot hurt and there you have it. We will be ready for the second game. Sucks he never missed a game before. First time for everything

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
My prayers are with him. Praying for a speedy recovery. Our 1st game is today at 10AM against the San Lorenzo Jr. Rebels. How let you know how it went

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
Man we came up short on a fluke today. We played the San Lorenzo Jr. Rebels and was up 31-25 with 4:21 in the 4th Quarter. That's when the opposing coach pulled a bitch move. He noticed a few of my kids had not played yet, and complained to the ref that i had not played them. Mind you I got 35 boys to play with minimal time for each kid, and the kids had not played are my MPR players that I was gonna put in on my last offensive drive while I ran the clock out, but they forced me to put them in while I was on defense, and dammit, they scored 2 touchdowns. Man I was pissed. The knew they was about to lose and pulled that shit on me. I can't wait to see them on our next go around.

On a good note, my son had the game of his life. He scored 3 TDs and busted two of them for over 50 yards apiece, and the last one was a 5 yard QB Sneak. Overall my boys did great.

Dec 2, 2006
The coldest part of youth sports is when coaches make it about them rather than the kids. I coach as a form of therapy and a way to give back to the public. The sole purpose of youth sports gets over looked because of this behavior.

My biggest issue is when coaches overwhelm kids with expectations and performance. I always tell the kids to put your best foot forward and do the best you can so you have nothing to be mad about in regards to the outcome in the end. It is about fundamentals, development and teaching kids the game.

The idiots I coach with think it is about installing 20-30 different plays, 8-10 formations (to confuse the defense), then get mad at the kids if they don't execute. One or two formations is all you need. Power right, power left, dive, misdirection, reverse and a couple pass plays. It is about execution in the end. My bad yall, we had our jamboree today and am just venting a little.lol

Dec 2, 2006
Yep, I will get them in early so I can utilize the rest of the time to play the kids I need to be competitive.
Run twins on both sides and run it up the middle behind your best lineman. You can get four kids their plays that way. I know some kids don't want to be out there and that is the best way to get them their plays without taking away from the kids that want to be out there.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Man we came up short on a fluke today. We played the San Lorenzo Jr. Rebels and was up 31-25 with 4:21 in the 4th Quarter. That's when the opposing coach pulled a bitch move. He noticed a few of my kids had not played yet, and complained to the ref that i had not played them. Mind you I got 35 boys to play with minimal time for each kid, and the kids had not played are my MPR players that I was gonna put in on my last offensive drive while I ran the clock out, but they forced me to put them in while I was on defense, and dammit, they scored 2 touchdowns. Man I was pissed. The knew they was about to lose and pulled that shit on me. I can't wait to see them on our next go around.

On a good note, my son had the game of his life. He scored 3 TDs and busted two of them for over 50 yards apiece, and the last one was a 5 yard QB Sneak. Overall my boys did great.
Sounds like you mismanaged the playing time. You know what the rules are and all kids should get playing time, NOT JUST IN GARBAGE TIME EITHER...

You are doing a diservice to your kids who are not as talented as the others. If your practices are as tough as ours are..Then you should reward all the kids with playing time and not just to run the clock out...Thats what you get..Hopefully you learn from your mistakes and manage playing time better...

Dec 2, 2006
Sounds like you mismanaged the playing time. You know what the rules are and all kids should get playing time, NOT JUST IN GARBAGE TIME EITHER...

You are doing a diservice to your kids who are not as talented as the others. If your practices are as tough as ours are..Then you should reward all the kids with playing time and not just to run the clock out...Thats what you get..Hopefully you learn from your mistakes and manage playing time better...
I feel you 100%, however, we all know there are kids that don't want to be on th field and are only there because their parents force them too. What do you do with those kids? Coaching youth football is a juggling act and shouldn't be about wins and losses. I am as competetive as they come but never lose sight of the big picture. It is funner when we win, but it can't be about that with 8-14 year old kids. Some coaches set kids up for failure and don't even know it sometimes.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
@ Joey... You're right, I definitely mismanaged the game other wise every last kid would have had their mandatory playing time earlier in a more competitive setting and we would have won the game. No argument there. I got 35 kids on my team so I'm glad it happened in the 1st game for me to learn from. In the end I could have taken the win by simply leaving in my best players, but every kid on the team deserved to play and that was the choice I made and we lost behind it. It was still a bitch move no matter how you look at it. That coach sure wasn't complaining when he was purposely playing his best players both ways (which is against the rules) and he felt he had the edge. He had his best men on the field and I had mine out there, and we was stuffin them, and once he realized he was about to lose he became a saint who wanted to call the game fairly? Please!!! I'll take a loss like that anyday and my gameday management will be better the next time we meet. My boys sure didn't feel like losers, especially after grabbing the lead after being down 25-7. I did them a disservice, and that won't happen again. You live and you learn.

As for your tough practices, I don't know you or care to compare who's practices are tougher. In the end certain kids aren't gonna be up to par no matter how hard your practices are. That's life, every kid won't be a stud. We don't let any kid off the hook, but in the end they will respond or they won't.

As for me, playing time is earned, and for the players that underperform for whatever reason, they will get the mandatory allowed. It's idiotic to believe all kids deserve the same amount of playing time. As much as you want kids to have fun, you also want to breed fair competition, especially in a league that values the wins and losses and has a playoff system. We don't stack our teams like other clubs do, they signed up every kid that wanted to play no matter how big or small, and we will coach them up, and the real players will begin to separate themselves from the pack in time. That's how it's been and will remain.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
@ Joey... You're right, I definitely mismanaged the game other wise every last kid would have had their mandatory playing time earlier in a more competitive setting and we would have won the game. No argument there. I got 35 kids on my team so I'm glad it happened in the 1st game for me to learn from. In the end I could have taken the win by simply leaving in my best players, but every kid on the team deserved to play and that was the choice I made and we lost behind it. It was still a bitch move no matter how you look at it. That coach sure wasn't complaining when he was purposely playing his best players both ways (which is against the rules). He had his best men on the field and I had mine out there, and we was stuffin them, and once he realized he was about to lose he became a saint who wanted to call the game fairly? Please!!! I'll take a loss like that anyday and my gameday management will be better the next time we meet. My boys sure didn't feel like losers. I did them a disservice, and that won't happen again. You live and you learn.

As for your tough practices, I don't know you or care to compare who's practices are tougher. In the end certain kids aren't gonna be up to par no matter how hard your practices are. That's life, every kid won't be a stud. We don't let any kid off the hook, but in the end they will respond or they won't.

As for me, playing time is earned, and for the players that underperform for whatever reason, they will get the mandatory allowed. It's idiotic to believe all kids deserve the same amount of playing time. As much as you want kids to have fun, you also want to breed fair competition, especially in a league that values the wins and losses and has a playoff system. We don't stack our teams like other clubs do, they signed up everry kid that wanted to play, and we will coach them up, and the real players will begin to separate themselves from the pack in time. That's how it's been and will remain.
For sure man..That was as stand up and about as solid as a response as it gets...And yeah I agree that all kids should not get the same amount of playing time but planning to put all the less talented kids at one time cant be a good thing, and as you said you live and learn.

With that response i can see your on your way to becoming a succesful coach. Learning from our mistakes is key. I try and do that every time i step on the floor or the field as a coach. What works and what didnt and to be able to decipher them is key. Best of luck on the season..

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
Man I'm up for the challenge, and I believe in order to become a winner at whatever you do, you can't be afraid to fail. The most important thing about falling down is that you can choose to get back up. I teach my boys that exact concept, so if it's good for them as players, then it's also good for me as a 1st time Head Coach. Ask anybody that knows me, I aint a ego driven type of dude. I git it in as far as studying and preparing for practices and games. It's all about the kids in the end, so 1 down and 9 more to go.

@ Kontac... I'm praying for the young homie to be healthy and ready to play some football.

Dec 2, 2006
Just to clarify I was not directing my statements at any of yall here. I coach with a bunch of idiots and am frustrated at what I see on a daily basis. I voice my concerns on the field and feel bad for the kids. We do not maximize their true potential becuase of what I like to refer to as "daddy ball.". It sounds like you do right by the kids and as a parent/coach that is all one can expect. I wish all you guys the best of luck this year.

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
Man I'm up for the challenge, and I believe in order to become a winner at whatever you do, you can't be afraid to fail. The most important thing about falling down is that you can choose to get back up. I teach my boys that exact concept, so if it's good for them as players, then it's also good for me as a 1st time Head Coach. Ask anybody that knows me, I aint a ego driven type of dude. I git it in as far as studying and preparing for practices and games. It's all about the kids in the end, so 1 down and 9 more to go.

@ Kontac... I'm praying for the young homie to be healthy and ready to play some football.
Right on Mac see you at the game Saturday