Penn State Scandal and Joe Paterno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Mark Madden is a fucking piece of shit. He talks just like Rush Limbaugh, is an arrogant asshole, and yells at all of his callers. But he broke the Sandusky story about 6 months ago, so he might be on to something. I hope he's wrong.

May 2, 2002
I haven't been following the story, so let me see if I have the gist of it:

A)Sandusky sexually abused little boys in a shower (over a period of 15 months).

B)A graduate assistant witnessed it, and tells Paterno.

C)Paterno tells AD (Tim Curley) about the incident the next day.

D)Paterno & Graham Spainer (Penn State University Pres.) are fired over the incident.

Why didn't someone GO TO THE POLICE THOUGH? That's what I don't understand. It doesn't matter who went. Someone should have gone to the police when they saw or got word of the shit goin' down. That's some serious shit! Nevermind how it might make the university look. That's a dispicable act in and of itself! Fuck tryin' to stand by some "code" or "standard" (in this instance). All that goes out the window when somethin' like that goes down. SNITCHIN' is one thing, but that doesn't even apply here. A pedo is a pedo. I don't give a fuck how prestigious your university is. Having a pedo affiliated with your university negates all of that.

Mar 16, 2005
I just read the newest grand jury presentment with 2 new victims. damn the stories are so eerily similar from 2 different kids. Its so sickening. I dont want this guy to rot in jail, i hope some lifers torcher this old fuck hourly until he just offs himself

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
What's the latest on this situation? I haven't been following since the original press release....

Mar 16, 2005
What's the latest on this situation? I haven't been following since the original press release....
2 new kids came forward same stories. basically earned their trust then began fondling them etc, then took them to his house in a basement room and raped them. One of the kids even screamed out because sanduskys wife was there, she did nothing. She was told to never go downstairs so she didnt, etc...

Jan 12, 2006
Jerry Sandusky convicted of child sexual abuse

BELLEFONTE, Pa. — Closing a chapter in a scandal that shocked the nation and tarnished a prestigious university, a jury convicted Jerry Sandusky on 45 counts of sexual abuse Friday night, believing the graphic testimony of young men over a defense team that portrayed the celebrated former Penn State assistant football coach as devoted mentor.

Moments after the verdict was read in the courtroom, Sandusky, 68, rose from his seat with tears in his eyes, one of his lawyers said. When his bail of $250,000 was revoked, Sandusky gave a small wave to his family and was led away in handcuffs to a waiting sheriff's car to be taken to the Centre County jail.

Jurors convicted Sandusky on all but three of 48 charges that he sexually abused 10 boys over a period of 15 years. He could be ordered to spend the rest of his life in prison when he is sentenced in three months.

"From the beginning, we knew what we were facing, so the surprise would have been the opposite," lead defense lawyer Joe Amendola told reporters on the steps of the courthouse, just miles away from the Penn State campus.

"Sandusky said nothing after the verdict was delivered," said Amendola, who promised an appeal. "I think Jerry was prepared for this."

Pennsylvania Atty. Gen. Linda Kelly thanked the accusers, calling them "brave men" who found it "incredibly difficult ... to unearth long-buried memories of the shocking abuse they suffered at the hands of this defendant." She said she hoped the verdict "helps these victims heal … and helps other victims of abuse to come forward."

"One of the recurring themes in this case was, 'Who would believe a kid?' The answer is 'We here in Bellefonte, Pa., would believe a kid,'" she said outside the courthouse, at times interrupted by cheers from scores of bystanders.

The jurors did not speak to the media after the verdict, which was read after 10 p.m.

The defense had fought hard to keep the trial in Sandusky's home area in the hope that his reputation as a sports figure and founder of the Second Mile, a charity for disadvantaged children, would help overcome the wave of negative publicity that forced the dismissal of iconic Penn State football Coach Joe Paterno and led to campus rioting. University President Graham Spanier also was forced out.

More than half of the jury had connections to the university, including a teacher, alumnus and a current student. But those ties did little to soften the blow of the verdict that came after more than 20 hours of deliberation over two days. As the jury foreman intoned the word guilty, Sandusky stood still between his lawyers. His wife, Dottie, the most important character witness called by the defense, sat in the front row with friends and relatives and looked at the floor.

The verdict does not mark the end of litigation.

Two other university officials are charged with failing to report the suspected abuse and with perjury related to their testimony before a grand jury investigating the scandal. The officials — athletic director Tim Curley, who is on leave, and retired Vice President Gary Schultz — await trial.

In addition to the criminal charges pending against the administrators, a slew of civil suits by the accusers are expected.

The heart of the prosecution case was the graphic and often grim testimony by eight men who said they had been abused as children by Sandusky, who met them through their participation in the Second Mile.

The trial began with opening statements on June 11, and prosecutors took slightly more than four days to present 21 witnesses to support their claim that Sandusky was a serial, predatory pedophile.

Accusers testified, sometimes in tearful detail, about their relationships with Sandusky. Most said they received gifts and special attention from him. Some said they saw him as the father they never had.

But what began as a mentoring relationship escalated into the physical abuse, the accusers testified.

Some said they were assaulted in the basement of the Sandusky home. Others described soapy showers that included forced acts of sodomy and oral sex.

The identities of two boys have never been ascertained; in those cases, two adults testified that they had witnessed abuse. Mike McQueary — a graduate assistant and former Penn State football player who became a coach at the university — brought the reports of abuse to Paterno, who in turn went to his superiors.

Though McQueary was a key witness at the trial, jurors rejected part of his testimony about the boy known as Victim 2 after hearing it read back earlier on Friday. McQueary told of a winter night in 2001 when he entered the university's football facility and saw Sandusky with a naked boy, 10 or 12 years old, in the locker-room showers.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-sandusky-verdict-20120623,0,4301393.story