Owens involved in fight with Hugh Douglas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
The Terrell Owens' saga has taken perhaps its most absurd turn yet. While he was suspended for comments made Thursday, that was not his most outrageous action of that day.

Owens actually fought Pro Bowl defensive end and current Eagles ambassador Hugh Douglas in the team's rehab room late Thursday and then issued a challenge to fight several other teammates afterward. The Trenton Times first reported the story Sunday morning.
Those present told FOXSports.com, while Owens was in the pool rehabilitating his injured ankle, Douglas came into the area and began to get on the outspoken wide receiver. The two jawed back and forth before, believe it or not, Owens got out of the pool and went to get his sneakers on in order to get traction to throw some blows.

When he came back, with shoes on, Owens and Douglas started swinging. Douglas said both sides only threw a couple punches and none landed.

May 8, 2002
Several players, most getting treatment, tried to separate the pair, but Owens started throwing those players off of him to get at Douglas again. Owens shed his teammates and kept going after Douglas before L.J. Smith got Douglas into another area. One swing by Owens was described as a shot that would have done major damage had it landed.

The fight, which was deemed "unbelievable" by some present, is just the latest tale in the bizarre soap opera that has been Owens' season. However, Owens' bizarre afternoon didn't end there.

Following his fight with Douglas, a still-amped Owens walked into the locker room and issued a challenge to fight any player who wants to continue to talk behind his back. Although there were several players in the locker room, most believed his challenge was directed toward quarterback Donovan McNabb.

Basically, Owens said, and this is to paraphrase, that anyone else who talks behind his back who wants to step up should do it now, this is the time to take him on and he could handle it the way he did with Douglas. When nobody moved from their stools, Owens said something to the effect of, "That's what I thought" and walked out.

On his radio show Sunday night, Douglas confirmed no punches landed and didn't discuss further details.

"It's not something you're proud of, so why should I glorify it?" Douglas said on WIP-AM.

Owens was not with Philadelphia on Sunday night for its game at the Washington Redskins in Landover, Md. Eagles president Joe Banner said coach Andy Reid would meet with the player in the coming week.

May 15, 2002
Owens is a fool, thinking he's deebo

"WHO WANTS IT WITH DEEBO?"

i think he wants to be traded to the Packers - pack do need a WR and would be an interesting combo

Apr 25, 2002
Dude has let the wheels fall off......It's a shame a cat with that much talent can't keep his shit together and just do his thang.......

Feb 28, 2005
hes the next ryan leaf...some people just cant handle shit...they said he was getting over $200,000 a game...it takes most people 4 YEARS to get that...all he had to do was catch a football...i dont get it

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
WASTED TALENT!! FUCK OWENS!! SHIT I WISH I HAD HALF THE TALENT HE DOES ON THE FIELD. I WOULD GO OUT THERE AND TAKE CARE OF MY BUSINESS, NOT FUCK AROUND A GET ALL ASS HURT LIKE A LITTLE BITCH OVER SOME WORDS.

Aug 26, 2002
have any of yall read his book? I've heard things about it, some psychologist say he acts like that because of his childhood. He was made fun of and all that shit, nobody wanted to play with him, he didnt even know he had a sister that lived right across the street from him. There was even a quote in the book that stated that the kids didnt want him to come out at night with them because you couldnt see him, i guess cuz he hella dark. But shit i guess he's the way he is and he doesnt feel like he needs anybody because of the way he grew up. He was fuckin sheltered and now he's wildin out.

I honestly believed that if he had 1 or 2 extra years with rice he wouldnt' be the way he is. Rice should have tamed him and let him know he could be. If this were possible, that fool would be one of the greatest in attitude as well as game play.

Aug 26, 2002
J-Boeg said:
if he goes to the raiders i will be fucking pissed...

Shit it could happen, i'm not saying i would like it to but it can. In all honesty, i c culpepper coming our way also. Fuck Scarry collins, that guy is fuckin terrible, he could be lighting shit up if he wanted to, that guy has no fire. The Raiders are a bunch of misfits anyways so if T.O. came it wouldnt suprise me.

May 2, 2002
J-Boeg said:
hes the next ryan leaf...

Uhh..OK. How can you even compare the two?

I know Owens has been acting up, but this seems to have been started by Douglas. I don't know about any of you, but if I'm in the pool minding my business and someone starts jawing at me, I would do the same. And if it escalates from there, then so be it.

Jun 18, 2004
J-Boeg said:
hes the next ryan leaf...some people just cant handle shit...they said he was getting over $200,000 a game...it takes most people 4 YEARS to get that...all he had to do was catch a football...i dont get it
Uhhhhh...except for the fact that TO has scored 100 TDs in the league.
But on another note, who do you think would have won this fight? TOs got reach, but HDs got weight and center of gravity. I think TO taps out to HDs ground and pound.

Feb 28, 2005
^^^yea, thats why i would be pissed...and i can see it happening too........

and what i meant by the next ryan leaf is just quitting football cuz he doesnt have his head right, dont see how you can disagree with me

Jun 18, 2004
J-Boeg said:
and what i meant by the next ryan leaf is just quitting football cuz he doesnt have his head right, dont see how you can disagree with me
Ryan Leaf
Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD

TOTALS | 26 | 317 655 48.4 3666 5.6 14 36 | 59 127 0

Terrell Owens
G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD

142 128 716 10535 14.7 91 101 158 40 493

This might be part of the reason I don't agree. It's one thing to be a j-cat that sucks, and completely another thing to be a pro bowl j-cat.

Jan 4, 2003
J-Boeg said:
^^^yea, thats why i would be pissed...and i can see it happening too........

I can see Al makin it happen too but I don't think it would be too good... I mean yeah he can produce on the field but sooner or later he'll end up bitchin like he did in SF and is now doin in Philly