The Oklahoma City Raiders?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
there's nothing from any credible source whatsoever linking the Raiders to OKC. That single website Diggity posted is the only website on the entire internet trying to make this link and that's only a theory because the Raiders want a new stadium and OKC said they can build one and want a team. That doesn't automatically mean the Raiders are going to go to any random city in the country that wants a team just because they say "we want a team".

That website is stupid as fuck

I'm 100% sure the Raiders would move to the 75,000 seat stadium proposed in LA long before they move to Oklahoma City lol

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
there's nothing from any credible source whatsoever linking the Raiders to OKC. That single website Diggity posted is the only website on the entire internet trying to make this link and that's only a theory because the Raiders want a new stadium and OKC said they can build one and want a team. That doesn't automatically mean the Raiders are going to go to any random city in the country that wants a team just because they say "we want a team".

That website is stupid as fuck

I'm 100% sure the Raiders would move to the 75,000 seat stadium proposed in LA long before they move to Oklahoma City lol
the chargers may beat the raiders to that stadium though.

Props: Coach E. No
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
the chargers may beat the raiders to that stadium though.
the Raiders are the only team out of the 3 being considered who's current stadium lease ends after this season though. The Chargers lease don't end until 2020, but they can opt out of their lease with legal loopholes and the Rams lease don't end until after 2014.

LA is saying they want 2 teams and the NFL wants to give them 2 teams, might as well go back to the Raiders and Rams.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
i could be wrong, but didnt mark davis sign a 2 year extension with oakland? i may be thinking of the A's..
nah, he's saying he doesn't want to sign any short term extensions and the city is saying they can't afford a new stadium because they're still paying for the renovations to the current stadium.

looking like the Raiders are gonna be gone from O.co Coliseum next year

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
nah, he's saying he doesn't want to sign any short term extensions and the city is saying they can't afford a new stadium because they're still paying for the renovations to the current stadium.

looking like the Raiders are gonna be gone from O.co Coliseum next year
Next year? Where the hell are they gonna go?

May 31, 2006
LA as a city wants football teams but LA citizens themselves couldnt give a shit besides the small but respectable Raider fan base there. But for as many Raider fans there, they are outnumbered by the transplants that moved there from all over the country. Oakland is the only place for the Raiders. Mark Davis would shoot himself in the foot by movin anywhere else. He isn't goin to get as much support as he would here. There's way too much shit to do in LA besides watch the Raiders, especially with the way they're playin right now. - coming from a real Raider fan.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
The raiders suck dick anyways. You should probably get used to the fact that they are moving somewhere... again. I'm a 49ers fan and could care less about the Raiders, Chargers, Rams or any other team moving here. Only way it really helps me is I might get the chance to see the 49ers play here.

No one thought the Sonics would move here though either. People go crazy for sports here and the OKC fans are the best in the NBA. Everyone that plays here talks about how it's hard to play against the Thunder because of the crowd noise and Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka signed long term deals to stay here. It's a realistic shot that another team could end up here someday.

Mayor late to Raiders stadium meeting with NFL

Team owner Mark Davis, along with Oakland and Alameda County officials, met at the team headquarters last week to update a delegation from the National Football League on the prospects for a new stadium.

Sources tell the Chronicle’s Phillip Matier And Andrew Ross that Davis appears sincerely to want the Raiders to stay in Oakland. However, reports from city planners indicate the money for a new Raiders home is as elusive as ever.

“The fact is that Davis doesn’t have finances like, say, a Jerry Jones (owner of the Dallas Cowboys) to swing a stadium deal on his own,” said one person who was at the meeting. “We’d have to ask the voters to help.”

And while no one said it at the meeting, everyone knows the chances of voters helping out with a new stadium deal – while they are still paying off $20 million a year for the 1990s renovation of the old one – are slim to none.

People at the meeting – none of whom would speak on the record, because the session was supposed to be private – say their efforts to convince the NFL that there’s still hope in the East Bay weren’t boosted by the tardy entrance of Oakland Mayor Jean Quan.

“She arrived 20 minutes late,” said our attendee. “She apologized, saying she was held up by a phone call.”