**The official Warriors Offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
» Tuesday, May 24 2011

Upon seeing the new body art gracing the chest of Monta Ellis, I initially assumed the Warriors guard was either a devoted Treebeard fan or perhaps an admirer of timeless Shel Silverstein classic, The Giving Tree. But the inscribed message of “Family First” across the top of his chest makes it pretty evident that this is an homage to Monta’s family tree. The hand-like branch that appears to be moments from squeezing his left nipple is a comforting touch. Between this dude’s chest and Andrei Kirilenko’s back, we’re just weeks away from an NBA player debuting an array of Tetris puzzle pieces zeroing in on their nether region. The Big Lead
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, UTAH JAZZ, MONTA ELLIS, ANDREI KIRILENKO | SHARE

» Sunday, May 22 2011

Tim Kawakami: Got an email from Jerry West saying he's excited to be joining the GSWs & emphasizing he had a very strong relationship with Jerry Buss. Twitter
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, LOS ANGELES LAKERS, JERRY WEST, JERRY BUSS | SHARE
Tim Kawakami: West: "Even though I won’t be making final decisions, I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to hopefully help make a difference... More West: "... in the direction of this team and to try to encourage others to be risk-takers in making the Warriors a playoff team." Twitter
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, LOS ANGELES LAKERS, JERRY WEST, JERRY BUSS | SHARE

» Saturday, May 21 2011

Adrian Wojnarowski: Golden State recently interviewed Mark Jackson for its coaching job, a league source tells Y! Sports. Twitter
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, COACHING, MARK JACKSON | SHARE

I don’t know much more than what I reported on Twitter last night, but let me try to flesh it out just a little bit this morning before I head back to Sharksland… Jerry West’s placement on the Warriors’ executive board–along with all of the team’s key ownership interests–is significant. A Warriors source confirms that West is coming in with at least some ownership stake, though the percentage, timing parameters and overall structure of the interest is not clear at this point. Certainly, it could amount to very little percentage-wise. San Jose Mercury-News
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, JERRY WEST | SHARE
Again: West is not in a decision-making role. Joe Lacob and Peter Guber run the show, and they have several large-chunk investors who have important voices, too. But the West stake, however large or small, is there and it makes sense–Lacob isn’t doing this to fool around, and I don’t think West is considering this as a do-nothing situation, either. San Jose Mercury-News
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, JERRY WEST | SHARE
Former Lakers coach Mike Dunleavy and current Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw are also candidates. Former Cleveland coach Mike Brown is considered the front- runner for the Golden State coaching job, though the Lakers are somewhat interested in him too. The Lakers aren't in a huge rush. Interviews with candidates could begin next week, though they might not happen until the first week of June. Los Angeles Times
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, LOS ANGELES LAKERS, COACHING, BRIAN SHAW, MIKE BROWN, MIKE DUNLEAVY | SHARE

Longtime Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw threw his hat into the Golden State ring, as he interviewed with the Warriors for their vacancy in the last couple of days, according to multiple sources. Shaw, 45, has strong ties to the Bay Area. He is a native of Oakland, Calif., and his hometown even celebrated "Brian Shaw Day" on Aug. 10, 2010. His candidacy might have received an unexpected boost Friday when the Warriors announced the hiring of former Lakers general manager Jerry West to Golden State's executive board. ESPN.com
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, LOS ANGELES LAKERS, COACHING, BRIAN SHAW | SHARE
I'm hearing Mike Brown is the frontrunner for the Golden State head coaching job, that Dwane Casey holds a slight edge over Kevin McHale for the Houston head coaching job and that Rick Adelman leads the pack for the Los Angeles Lakers job. Racine Journal-Times
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, LOS ANGELES LAKERS, COACHING, DWANE CASEY, KEVIN MCHALE, MIKE BROWN, RICK ADELMAN | SHARE

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
There is an opportunity right now for the warriors to hire a good coach...Lets see if they do it....I dont care what they say...The Logo's opinion will have a powerful effect on which way this organization moves...How could it not given his track record...

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Is that some Malibu Rum and Baccardi back there....C'mon Monta step it up..Get that grand cru rockin OWWW.....

In other news Now that the Lakers have Mike Brown...The Logo needs to go ahead and get Vann Gundy or B Shaw.....Make it happen Logo...I mean your the Logo for crying out loud...

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
How? He's not a money hater tho..If the money is right he will come...

His first year in houston he had this squad..And went 45-37 (03-04)

YAO MING
STEVE FRANCIS
CUTTINO MOBLEY
JIM JACKSON
MAURICE TAYLOR
KELVIN CATO
CLARENCE WEATHERSPOON
ERIC PIATKOWSKI
SCOTT PADGETT
TORRAYE BRAGGS
BOSTJAN NACHBAR
MOOCHIE NORRIS
MARK JACKSON
MIKE WILKS
ALTON FORD
ADRIAN GRIFFIN
CHARLES OAKLEY

The Next year they went 51-31 with this squad (04-05) sure he never won a championship but he is a winner...Let him work with what the logo can put together and we might have something...

TRACY MCGRADY
YAO MING
JIM JACKSON
MIKE JAMES
DAVID WESLEY
BOBBY SURA
JUWAN HOWARD
MAURICE TAYLOR
JON BARRY
TYRONN LUE
CHARLIE WARD
SCOTT PADGETT
DIKEMBE MUTOMBO
CLARENCE WEATHERSPOON
BOSTJAN NACHBAR
REECE GAINES
ANDRE BARRETT
ROD STRICKLAND
RYAN BOWEN
VIN BAKER
BRANDIN KNIGHT

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
How? He's not a money hater tho..If the money is right he will come...

His first year in houston he had this squad..And went 45-37 (03-04)

YAO MING
STEVE FRANCIS
CUTTINO MOBLEY
JIM JACKSON
MAURICE TAYLOR
KELVIN CATO
CLARENCE WEATHERSPOON
ERIC PIATKOWSKI
SCOTT PADGETT
TORRAYE BRAGGS
BOSTJAN NACHBAR
MOOCHIE NORRIS
MARK JACKSON
MIKE WILKS
ALTON FORD
ADRIAN GRIFFIN
CHARLES OAKLEY

The Next year they went 51-31 with this squad (04-05) sure he never won a championship but he is a winner...Let him work with what the logo can put together and we might have something...

TRACY MCGRADY
YAO MING
JIM JACKSON
MIKE JAMES
DAVID WESLEY
BOBBY SURA
JUWAN HOWARD
MAURICE TAYLOR
JON BARRY
TYRONN LUE
CHARLIE WARD
SCOTT PADGETT
DIKEMBE MUTOMBO
CLARENCE WEATHERSPOON
BOSTJAN NACHBAR
REECE GAINES
ANDRE BARRETT
ROD STRICKLAND
RYAN BOWEN
VIN BAKER
BRANDIN KNIGHT
JUST WHEN HE WAS DOING COMMENTARY FOR WARRIORS GAMES HES WAS ALWAYS TALKIN SHIT

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
JUST WHEN HE WAS DOING COMMENTARY FOR WARRIORS GAMES HES WAS ALWAYS TALKIN SHIT
I feel you but Vann Gundy is always talking reckless...He tells it like HE see's it...Might not always be right, but i can respect em for it....

He's a good anylist to..

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
If you had to trade Ellis or Curry in a package deal, who would you trade and why?
Now that i have had a chance to really watch Russell Westbrook on a consistent basis...I'd say Monta Ellis is a much better player than him and Ellis should of had his all star spot this year....

Despite Russell being irratic and not knowing how to utilize people around him....i still think he is a hell of a talent...BUT monta is way better than him....

So this just raised my Monta stock..I'm a buyer...So im gonna have to sell on Curry....Id be shopping the hell out of curry right now....

Id be shopping Dorrell Wright Curry and Beidrens for a solid 1 and 5....and seeing what kind of SF i could get in free agency or the draft...

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
According to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area, Mark Jackson has emerged as a finalist for the Golden State Warriors head coaching position.
Although Jackson has no previous experience as a head coach, he's been a hot name for the last few seasons and probably deserves a chance to break into the ranks. With all of the uncertainty surrounding the makeup of the team's roster, there's no doubt that Jackson will have his work cut out for him if he's eventually named to the post.