**The official Warriors Offseason Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Picking 11??? Looks like we wont be getting much help from the draft...Who knows though....But damn...Weak draft class and that pick sucks....

Jun 23, 2002
NO MIKE BROWN

GET A FUCKING BENCH, PREFERABLY PLAYERS THAT KNOW WHAT DEFENSE IS. GET WING DEFENDER

GET SOME SIZE IN THE FRONT COURT

RED AUBACH COULDNT COACH THESE BUMS

Dec 2, 2006
We need some big bodies that can bang in the paint, period. Sort of like the line of scrimmage in football. You win there, the rest follows. Our mangement can't see that one I guess, or haven't for FUCKING years....

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Maybe someone would want the pick...But my first instinct tells me who the hell wants the #11 pick in this draft class...What could we possibly get for it...Im bout to pull up some moch drafts right quick....Be right back...

Scratch that my computer is hella slow right now...Fuck it..

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Deep as in?

This draft is rather a weak class. No for sure d rose or b griffin type players u would expect from UR no1 pick.

Irving and Williams will go toe to toe for the 1st and 2nd pick of the draft. After that, there COULD be some potential hall of fame, all star, super star etc type players(including the first 2) but chances are, none of em will end up like that. Maaaaaaaybe. We won't know til they play in the pros but Lookin at all the prospects, it looks like a pretty weak draft class. Def not like 03 class wit lebron, melo, wade, bosh etc.

Pretty much after the top 2 players, the talent level dips down tremendously. And most if not all the experts tend to agree.

But wit the no 11 pick, I think the warriors should draft one of the big euro's that can shoot and run since there is no "legit" centers in this draft. OR I really like that kennieth faried(sp?) from moorehead state and at 11, it's not a reach. He's a bruising PF n may play some time at center but not full times. He's a lil undersized at 6'8 but he lead the college level in rebounds at like 14rbs per game I think. Either way he's a bruiser and the warriors need a physical player in the paint.

That bismack biyombo(sp?) is intriguing as well. Some rumors sayin he's much older than the stated age at 18 or 19 n the country, Congo is supposedly lying on his birth certificate. Who knows? Either way he's a 6'9 PF with a ridculious 7'7 reach. First player ever to post a triple double at the Nike summit game. First ever. Wit points, rebounds, and BLOCKS to get to the triple double which is crazy. Over 10 blocks.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
wouldnt mind getting kawhi leonard. hes a little undersized but the other things he does makes up for it. and apparently mike brown pulled out of the rockets potential job to come here

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
I think wit a lot of the younger players withdrawing their names from the draft, kawhi will benefit from that n more than likely go top 8 but any other draft he's in the 20s to late 20s. But he'll be a hustle type player. Lead sdsu in PTs and rbs as a sophomore. he reminds me a lot of a poor mans gerald wallace. He needs to consistently hit the mid range n 3 pter to be more a complete player. He can't rely on his athleticism all the time. He'll make a living off his hustle plays though, crashin boards etc.

Jun 23, 2002
jerry west? hell-mothafuckin-yes

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...aking-role-according-to-multiple-nba-sources/

Jerry West set to join Warriors front office, according to multiple NBA sources

Posted by Tim Kawakami on May 19th, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors
Jerry West, one of the most respected executives in NBA history, has agreed to join the Warriors front office in a non-decision-making, advisory role, multiple NBA sources confirmed tonight.
An announcement is expected within a few days.
West’s exact title has not yet been formalized, but he is expected to be reporting to co-owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber and possibly act as a sounding board in many areas.
The addition of an icon like West is another aggressive and surprising move by Lacob, who brought in agent Bob Myers last month as his GM-apparent.

West and Myers have a long relationship via West’s close friend Arn Tellem, Myers’ mentor in the agenting industry.
West, a Hall of Famer player, was the Lakers’ GM from 1982 to 2000, when the franchise won 7 titles.
West also was GM of the Memphis Grizzlies from 2002 to 2007, and was a consultant for a few years after that.
He was voted NBA executive of the year in 1995 and 2004.
Much more on this to come.
Late-night summary: If Lacob wanted to show he’s seriously in this to shake up the Warriors’ culture, he has done it.
You don’t get any more big-time than adding Jerry West to your front office.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
lol..naw...good move for the Dubs...Jerry West is pretty much responsible in some fashion for every title we have won from the 80s until now...he also helped to turn around that Grizzlies franchise. Hey may change the culture up there.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

Hell yea, finally someone in the front office that knows what they hell they are doing