The Official SF Giants 2014 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2004
^what are you even talking about. They offered Lester a deal but he turned it down. They were trying to go after Santana but he went to the Twins.

They will make a move, trust me, they know it.

Jan 5, 2006
I'm talking about the winter meetings. And I know exactly what and who they've gone after... I've been watching Giants Baseball since 1989. Front office may have dodged a bullet with Lester but they still fucked it up.... it was more of a sales pitch than anything else, not genuine... and this is from Lester himself.

We need Pitching, 3B and LF in that order. I'm not down for platoon 3B like the bullpen or OF.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Giants sign Norichika Aoki to one-year, $4.7 million deal | HardballTalk

San Francisco got a first-hand look at Norichika Aoki while beating Kansas City in the World Series and now the Giants have signed the 33-year-old outfielder.

John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that it’s a one-year deal worth $4 million and includes a 2016 team option with a $700,000 buyout. Seems like a bargain.

Aoki has his flaws, chief among them sometimes looking like a mess defensively with poor routes, but his defensive numbers have actually been pretty good and he’s a career .287 hitter with a .353 on-base percentage and as many walks as strikeouts during three seasons in America.

Aoki will take over in left field, where the Giants used Michael Morse for most of the regular season and then turned to journeyman first baseman Travis Ishikawa in the playoffs.

Apr 25, 2002
lol @ Puig saying the Giants are not the Dodgers' rivals... the Cardinals are. I guess in a way he's right because they can't beat them in the playoffs
The Dodgers finished 16 games and 6 games ahead of the Giants in the two seasons that he's been a Dodger, and in both seasons they were eliminated from the playoffs by the Cardinals. The Dodgers are also projected to win the West again next season, so the Cards being his main focus isn't unreasonable... He's probably not the only Dodger who feels that way.

Also, he's only 24 years old, hasn't been in the US for long and was a fan of Cuban baseball growing up, so the historical rivalry probably means nothing to him.