The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 10, 2008
I guess there isnt one so here it is. I know there are Mariners fans somewhere. By the way did anybody see JJ Putz blow the save tonight. We definelty could have used George sherrill oh wait.

Jan 10, 2008
The rest of the west doesnt look as good as last year. The Athletics have been ransacked and the Angels have a lot of injuries. Now is the time.

Feb 17, 2008
funny that you started this thread, i was just wondering if there was mariner love out there. man jj blew it long and hard last night after an encouraging start by Felix. I think we got a good starting rotation, but we need middle relief bad. and the offense could struggle again. richie sexon sucks and is amazingly overpaid, and we need more from adrian.

Jan 10, 2008
I agree with that. Are bullpen doesnt look to solid it would be nice to have soriano or sherrill. Dont get me wrong i like the Bedard trade i just think we gave up to many players. I didnt see tonights game i was watching fight night but the first 2 games i dont see much from Wilkerson. Not just becasue he is not hitting but because he is so slow in the outfield and with Ibanez in left that is pretty subpar. I want to see Vladimir Balentin brought up.

Apr 25, 2002
That was a tough loss the other night, especially since we made a comeback and Putz who is usually always automatic got roughed up. You know every time you hear that Thunderstruck at the stadium it's a done deal. It's only 15 days though, Mark Lowe throws some electric stuff and we got Batista who was a closer in Toronto.

BTW- How did we get punked like that to the Orioles? Sherrill and Jones must be feeling good right now getting a win early against their old team.

Feb 17, 2008
brad wilkerson sucks ass...i dont know why we got him. the mariners finally made a move to get a good player in bedard, but i agree that we gave up too much for him. the front office needs to bring in some help for the bullpen, and someone that can hit too.

Feb 17, 2008
We arent going to do shit this year with this bullpen. JJ will be back that is fine but who else is going to get outs?
valid point. bullpen sucks dude...for real...felix should have stayed in to get the cg. that was a stupid decision by mclaren. he was on a roll. i hate this pitch count shit, who cares if he throws 120 pitches? hes only 23...he can handle the shit, let him finish it, specially with the way our pen has thrown.