The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Kluber won his last 5 with a 1.12 era and 54 strikeouts. That's a much better september
no, his era was 2.09. go look it up.

go look at his WHIP and BAA in september. Better. Also go look and see where Seattle and Minny were in the last day of the season and who had an actual chance in getting into the playoffs.

I know youre a troll and all, but you can honestly buy the numbers your posting AGAINST Felix, can you? I just took you out of timeout, dont go back in.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
no, his era was 2.09. go look it up.

go look at his WHIP and BAA in september. Better. Also go look and see where Seattle and Minny were in the last day of the season and who had an actual chance in getting into the playoffs.

I know youre a troll and all, but you can honestly buy the numbers your posting AGAINST Felix, can you? I just took you out of timeout, dont go back in.
I said over his last 5 games that was his era. In other words the 5 wins. Look it up. Kluber aced the last 5 games of September carrying his team almost to the playoffs. Felix choked in a big game against toronto and gave up 8 runs.

If you want to go way in depth stat wise and pull out these sabrmetric stats then acknowledge klubers pitching independent of fielding (his FIP / fielding independent pitching). Felix has pitcher friendly safeco and a defense, kluber didn't have defense around him and that impacts his stats. Wins / losses aside, kluber had a higher WAR as well. He also struck out more.

And that's pretty much the only things that kluber edged felix on, how those stats weigh more than others in deciding the winner, you got me. Seems like the cy young is kind of like a gold star for effort rather than a true measurable award of performance when you arbitrarily weigh certain stats over others and there's no rhyme or reason to deciding the winner lol

Last edited:

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Nelson Cruz? Meh...another big bat will just flail here. Happens everytime they get these big bats. Terrible park to hit in. Cruz is going to have to make it up on the road.
What does this guy want? You were screaming we need bats. We sign a bat, you fucking complain anyway. This is the best lineup we've had in a decade and the mariners front office clearly cares about trying to win. Yet here you are complaining. Jesus christ. Someone quote me so he can see it he put me on ignore cause I call him out on his constant wolfing and he couldn't deal with it

May 9, 2002
Happ is slated to take one of the starting spots...if he can do what Young did last year, i think we will be OK. Curious to see who gets that 5th spot.

Ackley is going to get a TON of work in the spring...they want him to get his slow start out of the way. Lookig forward to seeing what a fully healthy LoMo can do at the plate this year...he was fairly steady the last 2 months of the season and was starting to rake em.

My biggest concern is Mike Z's bat. Can he hit above the Mendoza line this year? Did he fix that huge hole in his swing?

Props: BUTCHER 206
May 9, 2002
Im going to be optimistic this year. Last year gave me hope, while still being disappointing. We need consistent hitting...thats the bottom line. This team is like the 2014 Hawks...all that defense (pitching), and the offense is a huge let down.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
The*Seattle Mariners*biggest disadvantage won't come on the field this season. As is frequently the case, it will come at about 35,000 feet in the air, as they are once again faced with baseball's most grueling travel schedule.

According to Baseball Savant, the Mariners are currently scheduled to travel 43,281 miles during the 2015 regular season, which is 2,514 miles more than the next closest team, the Oakland A's. Of course, those numbers are subject to change based on Mother Nature's cooperation, but there's no chance it'll end up lower.

As they say in real estate, it's all about location, location, location. As the northwest most city in MLB, Seattle sits well out of the way, even in comparison to teams in the AL West. That makes for several longer than average trips just to play division games against the*Los Angeles Angels,*Texas Rangers*and*Houston Astros, in addition to those cross-country flights to New York, Boston and Tampa.As a result, the Mariners are going to spend far more time on airplanes than everyone else, and in some cases will more than double the travel of other teams. Given the close proximity of all five teams in the NL Central, theChicago Cubs,*St. Louis Cardinals*and*Cincinnati Redsall come in at under 21,000 miles.

That's a significant difference that no doubt impacts the standings to some degree. These guys are all human after all, and to face even the lightest of schedules, which comes in just under 3,500 miles a month, is physically and mentally taxing enough. Seattle's monthly average tops 7,000 miles. Over the course of six months, the energy just isn't going to be there every day. Even when they're home for 7-10 days straight, the adrenaline will wear off and the fatigue will set in. *If there's any solace, it's that four of the top five most grueling schedules belong to teams in the AL West. The Houston Astros trail slightly in ninth place. But most of that is because they all have to travel to Seattle two or three times.Unfortunately, there's nothing MLB can do to make it better. All they can really do is keep the unbalanced schedule in place, ensuring it doesn't get worse. Imagine two trips to Boston and Tampa every season at the expense of one to Oakland and Anaheim. We'll need a lot more toes to figure that math, and the Mariners would need a lot more Starbucks coffee to survive.*Looking at it that way, 43,281 miles doesn't seem nearly as bad. It's more in the range of remarkably unpleasant rather than an unbeatable test of the human spirit. *