The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
rumor around town is that hes gettin' the call up shortly...i sure hopeso!
I've only seen him throw once and it was on TV, but I liked his easy delivery and the sink on his FB, even though it was a modest 92-93 not in the 95-96 range.

KC is a good baseball town, I want that team to get back to become a contender again. Probably the hottest game I've ever watched in my life was in KC summer of 2003.

Feb 17, 2008
damn...i thought richie might do that...lol. damn well thats only one game where he produced and we didnt win, so lets see him help out like that in some other games. im not gonna get my hopes up about him

Aug 24, 2003
raul ibanez... mr consistency. can always count on raul

im sick and tired of richie sexson and beltre not producing. fuck richie sexson and adrian beltre. fucking paying adrian beltre for just a glove, we need bats

Feb 17, 2008
i agree. but what are we gonna do? management never makes anything good happen, because we signed richie and adrian to big ass contracts nobody is going to want to trade for them, so we are stuck basically till their contracts expire. which richies does at the end of this season i believe. but something needs to be done in the lineup

Apr 25, 2002
W/ Richie & Beltre, there's really not a whole lot the club could do except hope they come around. That's the risk you run when you sign guys to those kinds of deals.

What irks me more is what they've done w/ some of their patch job moves, i.e. right field. The key to the game tonight was Wilkerson in RF. W/ a slightly above AVG defensively RF in the game tonight, it's a 2-1 game, w/ an AVG defensive RF in the game tonight, it's a 3-1 game, but Wilkerson singlehandedly turned it into a 4-1 game w/ his inability on CONSECUTIVE PLAYS to not throw out runners at the plate (from 130 feet, he quadruple hopped it up the line, it was atrocious) AND to allow the trail runner who hit the ball, to move into scoring position.

A 2-1 game or a 3-1 game is much different from a 4-1 game, especially w/ Santana throwing the ball the way he did. Wilkerson can't necessarily help that he has a 40 arm, but there's no excuse for making those decisions that allowed the trail runners to advance. That was a key sequence in the game tonight.

Jan 10, 2008
I agree about Beltre. The year he blow up i bet he was on roids cause he went back to his old self right away when we signed him and i think that was the first year they started cracking down on roids. Sexson should shorten his swing a little bit like brett boone used to do. he would have less power but better average but sexson isnt the problem right now. Griffey would be a perfect fit in left field and at the plate hopefully we can get him.

Feb 17, 2008
W/ Richie & Beltre, there's really not a whole lot the club could do except hope they come around. That's the risk you run when you sign guys to those kinds of deals.

What irks me more is what they've done w/ some of their patch job moves, i.e. right field. The key to the game tonight was Wilkerson in RF. W/ a slightly above AVG defensively RF in the game tonight, it's a 2-1 game, w/ an AVG defensive RF in the game tonight, it's a 3-1 game, but Wilkerson singlehandedly turned it into a 4-1 game w/ his inability on CONSECUTIVE PLAYS to not throw out runners at the plate (from 130 feet, he quadruple hopped it up the line, it was atrocious) AND to allow the trail runner who hit the ball, to move into scoring position.

A 2-1 game or a 3-1 game is much different from a 4-1 game, especially w/ Santana throwing the ball the way he did. Wilkerson can't necessarily help that he has a 40 arm, but there's no excuse for making those decisions that allowed the trail runners to advance. That was a key sequence in the game tonight.
oh hell yeah man. ive expressed my displeasure with with wilkerson. the guy is slow, no arm, and MIGHT give us 20 hr 80 rbi. the guy is a waste, if we dont have anyone, lets start Mike Morse out there and try to develop him. i think morse has potential. but ur exactly right wilkerson is a piece dude

Apr 25, 2002
oh hell yeah man. ive expressed my displeasure with with wilkerson. the guy is slow, no arm, and MIGHT give us 20 hr 80 rbi. the guy is a waste, if we dont have anyone, lets start Mike Morse out there and try to develop him. i think morse has potential. but ur exactly right wilkerson is a piece dude
Yeah and if that's the kind of player you are, that's fine, just hit the fuckin cutoff man rather than throw a 4-hopper to the plate and give the Angels an extra base (which lead to an extra run).

Worst kind of players are the ones who both physically not talented AND retarded.

Feb 17, 2008
Yeah and if that's the kind of player you are, that's fine, just hit the fuckin cutoff man rather than throw a 4-hopper to the plate and give the Angels an extra base (which lead to an extra run).

Worst kind of players are the ones who both physically not talented AND retarded.
lol. puttin some kind of game together right now though...no thanks to wilkerson. not gonna get too excited about richies homerun either. but lets get the win!

Jan 10, 2008
I had to watch this game on DVR and it cut out with 2 outs and Vladimir at the plate. I see that we won but god damn nothing comes easy this year.

Feb 17, 2008
the job got done, thats all that matters. the swing richie put on that ball was funny as hell, i couldnt believe he hit that out, whatever though, i just dont think that swing is gonna get it done. but at lease he finally contributed to a win

Apr 25, 2002
the job got done, thats all that matters. the swing richie put on that ball was funny as hell, i couldnt believe he hit that out, whatever though, i just dont think that swing is gonna get it done. but at lease he finally contributed to a win
I think it was a hanging changeup on the inner half of the plate, it looked like kind of a surprised swing by Richie, you don't see many changeups up and in.

Now I'm back in TX and won't be able to see as much of the M's until they come to Arlington.