The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I wish I could contribute more to this thread, but I've only seen them play 3 games this year b/c of where I live. May 12-14 the Mariners come to Texas, I will be in the house, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Lopez is bad defensively, especially going to his left, he's too heavy to have the kind of range you want in a second baseman. Betancourt has also gained some weight, but he still gets it done. Wilkerson does suck, back in February, I wanted them to make a big balls decision and commit to a Mike Morse (kills lefties) and Tony Clark (kills righties) platoon out in RF, but the defense there would've been terrible, but the offense could've been ridiculous. That would have been the testicles move, but they played it safe.

Silva's throwing the ball well though, that is key, b/c he will be the one to determine how good the Bedard deal turns out and not Bedard (b/c he will go a long way towards determining if they are good enough to make a postseason run or not, b/c Bedard and Felix are going to be good regardless).

Tonight I saw the most athletic team in baseball, by far. The quality of pure athlete at every position on the field for the Angels is incredible, and rare in baseball. Even Vlad w/ his limited range, can still do some things in RF. Aybar imperssed me w/ his feet and arm, Figgins is a freak, Matthews tracked a long ball down, Torii in center. They play fast, aggessive, smart baseball. Ervin Santana was great, working both sides of the plate at 94-95 w/ a well spotted slider and serviceable CH to keep lefties honest. The Angels will win this division.

Ben Broussard is bad, Mariners aren't missing out on him. He cannot catch up to anything 91+.

Feb 17, 2008
man....im glad we brought up some pitching....we will see if rhodes can do anything, cant be any worse than oflarherty. lopez does suck on defense panther...fuck...how many times have i seen him do his version of a "dive" to his left...and the ball scoots into right...fuck that. the whole right side of our defense is slow....lopez, sexson, wilkerson....yeah. hoping we can get some offense going

Mar 24, 2006
yeah that was a good game for you guys.

my boys need to find a reliable fourth and fifth starter though, ya'll made Bale look horrible...lol

Nomo????

Apr 25, 2002
yeah that was a good game for you guys.

my boys need to find a reliable fourth and fifth starter though, ya'll made Bale look horrible...lol

Nomo????
Luke Hochevar??? Maybe after the All-Star Break anyways.

I had dinner w/ him a few years ago when he was still at Tennessee b/c he was friends w/ a teammate of mine. He is a good dude and has the chance to be a very good one.

Mar 24, 2006
Luke Hochevar??? Maybe after the All-Star Break anyways.

I had dinner w/ him a few years ago when he was still at Tennessee b/c he was friends w/ a teammate of mine. He is a good dude and has the chance to be a very good one.
rumor around town is that hes gettin' the call up shortly...i sure hopeso!