The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 10, 2008
the dude is aweful. why do we bring him in, in a situation like that. you go to ur bullpen to get out of situations not to make shit worse. and we need some consistant offense
Yep the game was up for grabs at that point. Edwin Jackson looked good today why in the hell did the Dodgers give up on that guy?

Apr 25, 2002
I see that Texas beat the orioles today. What is the secret?
Josh Hamilton is really, really good. The HR he hit off of Putz wasn't even a ball he caught that well, he was actually beat a little bit w/ a FB down and in but he just dropped his hands and the ball went out. He's got more pure natural ability than probably 95% of big leaguers, I think it was a great move getting him.

David Murphy is also going to have a very solid under the radar year. Kinsler I'm so so on, Young is above average (but not special), Blalock is on the decline, Broussard is the best 9 hitter in baseball right now excluding Jason Kendall perhaps, I don't think he'll stay down there all season long, having a 1B in the 9 hole is pretty ridiculous, but it's working right now.

The pitching has actually been a pleasant surprise, better than I thought it would be. Millwood is looking like the big money guy he was supposed to be, he throws 3 different FBs that enable him to hide his breaking stuff until the 2nd and 3rd time through the orders, Vicente Padilla is throwing the ball well, so is Kason Gabbard and I like the 5th starter Luis Mendoza, he'll be joining the team shortly. Benoit and Wilson are throwing well in the bullpen, and even Eddie Guardado has looked good.

They also think their farm system is stacked, time will tell on that one.

I'm just saying, don't forget about Texas, the more the Mariners stumble out of the gate w/ LAA's health issues, the more it looks like this division could actually be up for grabs.

Jan 10, 2008
When O fagerty came in it 2-0 and the Angels bullpen isnt that great so it was a very winable game at that point. Oh well 2 out of 3 isnt bad.

Aug 24, 2003
ibanez was putting on the hurt on the angels, yeeeelove to see thati love being at the game yelling raaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul lol with a deep voice, that shit is awesome. when i went to hte ken griffey series last year he hit a grandslam and that shit was awesome.im lovin how betancourt lopez and vidro are doing... me and my friends dad had an argument last year he thought they werent going to do shit and hes this big richie sexon fan... fuck richie sexon, dude musta been on steroids to fall off so bad, comin off a 37 homerun year to seattle and then not even being able to do jack shit since

i chopped it up with jj putz last year too standing at the bullpen cage dudes a winner, he neesd to come bcak

Feb 17, 2008
its so repetitive...but our bullpen....really. richie sexon does suck, and our offense isnt really doin all that bad. richie does suck, and wilkerson is a waste of space. i say we start mike morse. hes way faster and had been swingin the bat well in spring training. is dickey down in tacoma?

Apr 25, 2002
O'Flaherty was sent down to the minors, he's been struggling in a major way with a 20.25 ERA. Hopefully he can regain some of the confidence he showed last year. They brought up Dickey and Rhodes and put Morse on the DL. We got a crucial stretch coming up with games against Kansas City, Oakland, and The Angels. I think we should take care of business and make up more ground in the division.