The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2005
i dont agree with u guys that our bullpen "sucks". we have some good arms that showed some promise last year and while me may have gotten rid of sherrill it was necessary to add an arm to the starting rotation which was last years weak point thanks to Weaver and Felatio Ramirez. Granted giving up sherrill and jones for bedard was alot but its a risk i can live with. i do agree that our division isnt the best this year so hopefully we can pull something together. i wouldve liked to see us get some production out of first base this year but it looks like its going to be another year batting around .205 for Richie, shit he's already getting booed by the hometown fans

Feb 17, 2008
^^ richie sucks, i would boo him too if i was there. doesnt his contract expire after this year? our bullpen has already blown both of felix's starts, and hasnt done much for us otherwise. it is only the first week but still, i dont see anything i like just yet

Apr 25, 2002
The bullpen is hurting us in a major right now. Our starting pitching is second in the league with a 2.19 ERA, but we don't get enough out of the relief and run support. Morrow has been injured and he's been throwing well in the minors so hopefully he can get back to the majors soon. The pen used to be the strength of the team a couple a couple years ago. It's still early in the season so you can't read too much into it but I think they'll get back on track....

Jan 10, 2008
Yep our bullpen is bad right now no doubt about it but are offense isnt reallly doin it either. We need to put up a seven or 8 spot to get a win with this bullpen. wilkerson is really starting to piss me off the last thing we need is another ritchie sexon in the outfield. Its funny how these things happen last year are bulpen was strong but we had no starting pitching. This year we have great starters and no bulpen it fuckin frustrating.

May 9, 2002
Well, thats what happens when upper management dumps the bullpen for some solid starters. I think they were banking on our offense to be hiting better than .250 so the starters would go deep with run support. It also doesnt help that the best closer inthe majors is hurt...

Feb 17, 2008
Yep our bullpen is bad right now no doubt about it but are offense isnt reallly doin it either. We need to put up a seven or 8 spot to get a win with this bullpen. wilkerson is really starting to piss me off the last thing we need is another ritchie sexon in the outfield. Its funny how these things happen last year are bulpen was strong but we had no starting pitching. This year we have great starters and no bulpen it fuckin frustrating.
lol dont worry onlyy 188 days till richies contract expires, http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=alwest/080407

Feb 17, 2008
the dude is aweful. why do we bring him in, in a situation like that. you go to ur bullpen to get out of situations not to make shit worse. and we need some consistant offense