The Official Seattle Mariners Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I would agree with you if the Mariners were not gonna be shitty anyways.

Plus, I would be excited if we got Griffey back to catch the bullpen!
Meh, this is merely a marketing move that was a real smart idea by the GM. YOu know how filled Safeco will be next year? The merchandise?

BUt who knows...maybe they will bein the thick of things like they were in 2007 when they won over 80 games. And i am saying this WITHOUT Griffey being there.

Feb 17, 2008
this move doesnt do shit but maybe bring some extra fans out for the first couple weeks. it wont be long until there is noone in the stands, the mariners are killing themselves slowly. we need to pick up YOUNG talent, not, over the hill/shouldnt have left us in the first place/injured since he did players

Jan 10, 2008
I dont understand that bitter shit the bottom line is we are rebuilding we just added a DH that is a Mariner Icon and if he can stay healthy who know what he is capable of. Saying that he is stealing playing time from some young player is retarded nobody devolops a dh anyways and he wont be in the field that often so i am sure there will be plenty of playing time for all the youngsters. What if he has a good first half and we trade him for some prospects at the deadline? What about the leadership he can provide in the clubhouse we havent had that since Guillen left and to be honest i would rather have the kids imulate Griffey anyways dude is a class act and has played baseball the right way.

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
i remember watching griffey play at the kingdome when he was barely 20 years old.. regardless if he's washed up or not, im glad to see him back up in seattle.

May 9, 2002
They know that, they know this is the most important draft in franchise history, they get it, this move doesn't do anything to fly in the face of that.
It takes up a spot a young guy could have had.

Dont worry...when the All-Star break gets here and Griffey is hitting sub-.250, has 4 HR's and less than 30 RBI's, he will begin to see less PT and the fans will stop coming.

Aug 24, 2003

Dont worry...when the All-Star break gets here and Griffey is hitting sub-.250, has 4 HR's and less than 30 RBI's, he will begin to see less PT and the fans will stop coming.
goddamn man you are a fucking hater. i think he's going to like that short right field fence, he'll get 30 this year at least. also his experience and overall skill will inspire and help the team overall. maybe something will rub off on beltre and dude will step it the fuck up. maybe ichiro will start going all out more often, who knows. time will tell but i think in time you'll realize you're just a hater

Feb 17, 2008
goddamn man you are a fucking hater. i think he's going to like that short right field fence, he'll get 30 this year at least. also his experience and overall skill will inspire and help the team overall. maybe something will rub off on beltre and dude will step it the fuck up. maybe ichiro will start going all out more often, who knows. time will tell but i think in time you'll realize you're just a hater
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 HRS?????????????? are u out of ur mind?

May 9, 2002
goddamn man you are a fucking hater.
Im a hater becuase Griffey is 39 years old, is taking up a roster space, and left town with no more than "i dont give a shit about Seattle" attitude? Yes, clearly i have no reasons to not give a shit if he plays here or not.

i think he's going to like that short right field fence, he'll get 30 this year at least.
"Short"? Right field is 9 ft longer than left field. The fuck are you talking about?

also his experience and overall skill will inspire and help the team overall.
Yes, becuase he clearly showed that in Cincy and last year in Chi.

maybe something will rub off on beltre and dude will step it the fuck up.
Beltre is the best defensive 3rd baseman in the league. What more does he need to do? He had ONE fluke year at the plate and has performed UP TO CAREER STANDARDS hitting (check his stats BEFORE coming to Seattle).

maybe ichiro will start going all out more often, who knows. time will tell but i think in time you'll realize you're just a hater
Can you even be a "hater" when we are talking about sports? You sound retarded using that word as if it means ANYTHING. You cant use hater in the game and hater in sports synanomously...its doesnt have the same impact.

Eiter way, i care about the name on the FRONT of the jersey...NOT the back.

Apr 25, 2002
Not in my opinion. It will take playing time away from Endy Chavez, Kenji Johjima and perhaps Russell Branyan. The only way it could adversely affect a young guy is the fact that Balentien and Morse are both out of options, but as far as those two guys go, they're non-factors, especially Morse. Balentien I think makes the team and Morse does not. But Balentien hasn't a prayer against RHP anyways (just like Griff hasn't a prayer against LHP), so they could platoon and not be misusing either one. Chavez isn't young and he's not an offensive threat whatsoever, Griff being here doesn't detract from his opportunity to pinch run and be a late inning defensive replacement.

"Short"? Right field is 9 ft longer than left field. The fuck are you talking about?
Left field line is 331 with a 16 foot wall, right field is 326 with an 8 foot wall, but on top of that, the ball flies better to right than left. Everybody knows Safeco plays significantly better for LHH than RHH.

http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/index.htm

Beltre is the best defensive 3rd baseman in the league. What more does he need to do? He had ONE fluke year at the plate and has performed UP TO CAREER STANDARDS hitting (check his stats BEFORE coming to Seattle).
That I do agree w/ 100%.

Eiter way, i care about the name on the FRONT of the jersey...NOT the back.
That's the way to be, props.

Feb 17, 2008
uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha good to see that from JR, but it will take a lot more of that to convince me. dont get me wrong i love the guy he is just over the hill is all. king felix looked strong, even though it was the twins. never know with the mariners, itll be an interesting season

May 9, 2002
I really hope Griffey proves me wrong...ill delightfully eat that crow if he can hold his own weight.

Anf Felix looked great last night...as did most everyone. Lopes looks good in the 6th hole and Guiterrez may surprise some folks this year. Batitsta looked much more comfortable out there as a closer.