The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
Season is done, so we move forward to the offseason. Sucks to be doing this so early, but it is what it is.

Chuck Bresnahan has to be fired. There is no way this team will ever compete with the defensive schemes he calls up.

We need a GM to make all the right moves from us, something i thought would never happen.

And we need to figure what the fuck is up with DMC!

Dec 2, 2006
Fuck, today was what we deserved. Our Db's our the worst in the league. Combine that with Breshnahan's horrible game planning and this is what you get. I am excited about our offense for next year. But Hue needs to bring in Del Rio, switch to a 3-4 because that is what we need to run with the type of backers we have and roll em again next year. Palmer played a hell of a game today and if you were at the game you know that pick was on Ford not Palmer. A win today would have been great playoffs or not. This offseason is about keeing our offense together and addressing the defensive side of the ball,m straight up.

I have been busy and have less time to play with yall, but you know it is still the Nation regardless. I hope yall had a good Christmas and safe new year. Get out there and give back.....

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Now y'all see why we should've drafted Spiller instead of McClain. Palmer didn't even get to hand the ball to McFadden one time. We lost games because of that sorry as cover 2. McClain can't cover running backs but he supposed to cover wide receivers deep downin the middle of the field.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Ha we need to get rid of alot of fucking pointless players...

our Db's are fucking awful i think a HS team could out play our Db's
we need to get rid of the bullshit ass dudes who always getting hurt for half the season
new D coach that shit was sad today
an we need to have men play not buch of fucking diva's Aka Mcfadden take a fucking shot before game an halftime
and the coach needs to fix the flag shit way to many yellow flags this year on dumb fucking shit [ late hits PI's ]

Jun 1, 2002
Now y'all see why we should've drafted Spiller instead of McClain. Palmer didn't even get to hand the ball to McFadden one time. We lost games because of that sorry as cover 2. McClain can't cover running backs but he supposed to cover wide receivers deep downin the middle of the field.
g-d give it up already. McClain isn't good but neither is Spiller. He would've been a shitty pick too.

Jun 23, 2005
position we need the most is all on D

1. Safety
2. CB
3. D-Line

Seymour doesnt have much left in the tank, houston had a dissappointing year, only 1 sack. Wimbley under performed this year, Routte did also. Our whole LB core played below average. Maybe it was the schemes maybe the players, but no position on the D is safe.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
just by reducing the amount of penalties will see a massive improvement in the Raiders, every year it's the same story with penalties.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
g-d give it up already. McClain isn't good but neither is Spiller. He would've been a shitty pick too.
That's hard to say. At least Spiller isn't injury prone. DHB went out on a stretcher and was back the next week. Ford was carted off and still beat McFadden back.

REACHTMO

panty vandalizer
Aug 7, 2011
Chris Townsend from 95.7 heard from a source that almost our whole Defensive coaching staff will be fired tomorrow..
really? I think, despite how bad they played, shepard, and van dyke improved a lot under Rod Woodson. By no means where they great, but theyre young, and I dont think rod should be on the list of people getting fired

mclain played on an injury, and had that whole point a gun to someone's head and not kill them phase, at the beggining of the year he was playing good football, but the whole second half he was dull, not a lot of sideline to sideline speed. I blame bresnahan for the lack of blitzing. I didnt see any kind of blitzing, the front 4 had to attempt to do it themselves on every down, even after they got shutdown for 3 straight quarters

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I'm sure when they hire a GM he will fire Hue and hire his own coach. No GMs gonna wanna roll with someone else's guy I wouldn't think. That's gotta be the most undesirable GM job ever by the way. Lol @ 1 draft pick

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
We have a bunch of young talent, but they need to stay healthy..Palmer throws alot of passes that make me SMH..he should have been picked off at least 3 -4 times today....I like Tyvonne Branch, he's a stud...

Lamar Houston didnt see much of the field this year...

Mcfadden seems to be having a good ole time on the sidleines every time they show him..Tearing up sunflower seeds and laughing...
He needs to stay healthy and if they think he cant do that, they need to let him go...Sorry to say that but they have a decision to make...

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Hue turned into a diva, if they woulda left at him at oc and had a hard ass (no Marty) at hc like cable, they would be playing next week...

Jun 23, 2005
No they wouldn't of. The reason we lOst is all on our D.

We lost 4 of our last 5 and gave up 36 points a game in those loses. Cable or hue had no say in who ran the D for Al

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
we need to bring in a GM and let him do whatever he wants. the problem is there has been no vision for this team in years. we need a solid long term plan, and have a fucking identity. what is this team's identity right now? a bully? yeah fucking right! we're the complete opposite of a bully

Overall I still like Hue, and think he deserves another shot, but if a GM comes in and wants to fire him, so be it. we need someone to build the team in their vision. we absolutely need a new DC. Mike Nolan or Jack Del Rio... somehow grab a nose tackle and switch to a 3-4

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
Trade Jacoby Ford, we already have Moore and DHB, no need for that injury prone diva

AND SOMEHOW GET BETTER DB's and LINEBACKERS

Dec 4, 2006
Hue turned into a diva, if they woulda left at him at oc and had a hard ass (no Marty) at hc like cable, they would be playing next week...
And you're right...he was better at OC...

but I don't see him going anywhere right now...

@Trading Ford and keep Moore and DHB ...really? DHB? ha ha Ford should stay and shouldn't even be in trade talks at all..

Bush can be a #1 RB if he had a better offense to open up for him..