The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I've been reading articles that the Hawks were seeking low round draft picks for Flynn

I really fucking hope we didn't flush away more picks on a dude who has only started 2 games in 4 years.

I'd be ok with maybe -one- late round pick.

Last edited:

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
id lol @ the raiders if they sent anything above a 4th rounder, but watch em give up as much as they did for carson palmer lol.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
he played good in green bay when he got the chance for a bit,..i wouldnt be mad at that cuz this qb for picks will be way better then the last qb we got for picks,..plus that old reggie and flynn green bay connection might work out well in oaktown!..reggie is the one who drafted and brought flynn to green bay so he knows wut hes getting and wut to give up for him!...plus hes cleaning house with all these bum contracts making more room,a few years down the road we can always make trade moves to get picks,..i say do it!...die hard!

Props: Rossibreath
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Hope this works, the last time I was basically just like "meh" at a Raiders QB pickup was Rich Gannon and that turned out great lol

ever since then i've always given a vote of confidence to whatever QB we signed and it always turned out shitty.

Maybe I just need to not like the guy at first for shit to work out lol

Feb 12, 2004
lol Palmer wants to play for the Niners even as a back up

USA Today's Mike Garafolo reports Carson Palmer has placed the 49ers and Cardinals "atop the list" of his preferred suitors once he's cut.
Garafolo also confirms Palmer "will continue to resist overtures" from the Raiders, who still want to renegotiate his contract. Palmer has "no desire to return to Oakland," where he's gone 8-16 as a starter the past two seasons. He'll resist "even a minimal pay cut," preferring his outright release. Palmer, obviously, would be Colin Kaepernick's backup in San Francisco. If Palmer wants to be a starter in 2013, he'll sign with the Arizona Cardinals.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
he played good in green bay when he got the chance for a bit,..i wouldnt be mad at that cuz this qb for picks will be way better then the last qb we got for picks,..plus that old reggie and flynn green bay connection might work out well in oaktown!..reggie is the one who drafted and brought flynn to green bay so he knows wut hes getting and wut to give up for him!...plus hes cleaning house with all these bum contracts making more room,a few years down the road we can always make trade moves to get picks,..i say do it!...die hard!
I agree with all that except Ted Thompson drafted Flynn lol

Sep 24, 2006
Flynn to the raiders is not set in stone. its a stalemate right now with the raiders not wanting him if he wont take less money and him not willing to take less money. so its a wait and see on this trade

A trade that would send Matt Flynn from the Seattle Seahawks to the Oakland Raiders is close to happening. Someone might have to blink in a staredown between Flynn and the Raiders for the deal to go down.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Friday that trade terms between the Seahawks and Raiders have been settled. The Seahawks would acquire a 2013 draft pick and a conditional 2014 selection as part of the deal, if it's completed. The Seahawks' portion of the deal essentially is done. Now it's on the Raiders, but a deal isn't expected to be completed Friday, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Sources familiar with Flynn's thinking told Rapoport that the quarterback would be resistant to changing the terms of his contract. That indicates the Raiders aren't necessarily happy with paying Flynn $5.25 million in 2013 and $6.25 million in 2014. This looks like the holdup.

It's telling that the Raiders could be looking to change Flynn's contract. If that's the case, they must not see him as a true starting quarterback. The $5.25 million figure is barely more than Matt Hasselbeck will get as a clear backup with the Indianapolis Colts. The Raiders must see Flynn as an option to start, but someone who will have to compete for the job. (Carson Palmer, meanwhile, surely would be released in short order if Oakland adds Flynn. It's also possible the Raiders are trying to find a suitor for Palmer in the meantime.)

It makes sense for Flynn to stand his ground. He's due good money from the Seahawks. Does he really want to take a lesser contract to join a difficult situation in Oakland? Even if Seattle eventually cuts Flynn, at least he'd get to choose his team.

Meanwhile, Adam Caplan of Sirius XM NFL Radio reported that the Raiders have some interest in Kevin Kolb. Perhaps the Raiders are just using Kolb as leverage, but I'd rather have Kolb than Flynn if Kolb cost less. (Kolb won't cost any draft picks.)

One last thing to keep in mind: Oakland doesn't have a lot of salary-cap space. Flynn might have to take less money to make this happen. We'll see if Flynn or the Raiders flinch first

May 3, 2002
I'm glad Palmer is gone, but don't think Matt Flynn is the guy to lean towards. I thought Fitzpatrick would have been a good fit (if he's still available), if not then ride Pryor but pleaaaase don't go after Kolb!!!